Warehouse Perishables Forklift Operator - Overnights (Broomfield,CO)
Company: McLane Company
Posted on: July 11, 2019
McLane Company, Inc. is one of the largest supply chain services
leaders, providing grocery and
foodservice supply chain solutions for convenience stores, mass
merchants, drug stores and chain
restaurants throughout the United States. McLane, through McLane
Grocery and McLane Foodservice
operates over 80 distribution centers across the U.S. and one of
the nation's largest private fleets.
The company buys, sells and delivers more than 50,000 different
consumer products to nearly 110,000
locations across the U.S. In addition, McLane provides alcoholic
beverage distribution through its
wholly owned subsidiary, Empire Distributors, Inc. McLane is a
wholly owned unit of Berkshire Hathaway Inc.
(NYSE: BRK) and employs more than 20,000 teammates.
Warehouse Job Description
JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
This position is responsible for operating and using industrial,
powered, computer-equipped standup
forklifts to move materials throughout the Distribution Center and
place product in designated areas.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have
the ability to:
* Retrieve and transport product to assigned slots.
* Identify product to be selected, sorted and placed.
* Follow aisle specifications for product sorting and
* Properly enter assigned product for each shift into the
* Work closely with Supervisors and other teammates to complete
* Comply effectively with company work and safety rules.
* Continually meet assigned production standards.
* Maintain a quality of work that limits mispicks, shorts and
* Follow directions.
* Work independently and in a team environment.
* Be trained and certified to operate any required equipment
(including stand-up forklift) within 30 days after hire.
* The ability to work at heights of 20 feet or more.
* Comply with company attendance policy.
* Maintain a flexible work schedule to meet the changing needs of
the Distribution Center:
work schedules may require working an early shift, staying long for
a late shift, and weekend
work depending on the customer and operational requirements of the
* Work in warm and cold temperature conditions that may range from
38?F to 110?F; teammates
assigned to the freezer must be able to work in temperatures as
cold as -10?F.
* Stand, walk, bend, stoop, push, pull, grasp and reach above the
head continuously for a period of two hours or more.
*Ability and willingness to select/load/unload and/or deliver ALL
products that may be ordered by our customers.
MINIMUM SKILLS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
A teammate in this position must:
* Have High School Diploma or GED.
* Be 18 years or older.
* Be able to speak, read and understand the English language.
* Be able to successfully pass a physical capabilities test, drug
screen and criminal background check.
* Have previous experience operating a forklift and RF Utility
(preferable, not required).
* Be capable of operating computerized technology mounted on
* The environment encompasses all areas of a Distribution Center
and material movement takes place throughout the facility.
* This position requires the teammate to work inside the majority
of the time.
* This position may require working in hot and cold temperature
extremes, exposure to dust,
dirt, fumes, noise, potentially harmful chemicals, solvents and
components, and working in close to proximity to other
* Closed-toe shoes must be worn at all times.
Sunday through Thursday, 6:00pm to 2:30am (Depending on OT)
EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled Associated topics: crane, forklift
operator, loader, logistics engineer, logistics operation, operate,
operator night, palletizer, stocker, warehouse intern
Keywords: McLane Company, Broomfield , Warehouse Perishables Forklift Operator - Overnights (Broomfield,CO), Professions , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!