Solutions Consultant - Global Accounts
Posted on: June 11, 2019
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications
provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more
than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience,
CenturyLink strives to be the world's best networking company by
solving customers' increased demand for reliable and secure
connections. The company also serves as its customers' trusted
partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity
and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that
help protect their business.
The Solutions Consultant develops and executes the technical
strategic sales, service and technical strategy, account planning
and development for multi-product tower opportunities, interfacing
directing with sales and technical teams. Providing opportunity
leadership to the goal of delivering maximum profitability and
growth in line with company vision and values.
The Role objectives are to increase close ratios, reduce corrupt
sales time, internal cycles, develop consistent customer responses,
improve solution fit and position the portfolio to deliver new
sales and revenues. The functions focus over time will be to
increase yield of the sales team across the region.
The Solution Consultant supports prospecting across all market
- Effectively communicates with customer C-level and technical
staff on issues related to their business requirements and to build
end to end solution proposition.
- Works as a team with Sales Account Managers, Sales Engineers,
pre-sales Project Managers, Professional Services and Product
Management, Proposal Writers, NOC/DNOC Staff, Operations, and third
- Acts as the liaison for Product Management, Architecture,
NOC/DNOC, Service Delivery, Commercial Services Group, Operations
to solve for customer requirements and develop deliverables
- Provides thought leadership to internal groups on technology
and market trends in Complex multi-tower opportunities.
- Act as consultative, trusted advisor, balancing goals of
quality, feasibility, cost-effectiveness for customers and
profitability for CenturyLink
- Help develop and assimilate customer requirements, create
solutions, assemble costs, and participate in business case
- Clarifies ambiguous requirements with clients, ensuring the
solution resolves underlying customer issues.
Solution Consultants create outcome based solutions meeting
requirements of CenturyLink's top customers. The solutions will be
uniquely customized either as dedicated private solution or
overlaid across CenturyLink's core infrastructure including
- Layer 3 networking components IPVPN, SDWAN, NFV etc.
- Application delivery
- Dedicated hosting services and cloud native environments
- Multi-venue cloud services for instance, both public (hyper
scale) and private
- DWDM or TDM systems,
- Equipment staging and deployment,
- Dedicated NOC services,
- Third party services,
- Equipment sparing and remote hands / field operations
It will be expected that the individual will have a broad grasp of
the full range of the CenturyLink portfolio. The Solutions
Consultant makes recommendations about:
- Optimal topology and service choices.
- Offers advice about different solution, systems and
- Collaborates with internal operations teams for total cost,
risk, and implementation models.
- Recommends contract approval or rejection.
- Tracks win/loss financial data.
- Provides detailed scope and outcome analysis for each
opportunity to provide insights into this emerging solution
Activity will be to attend customer meetings in person and via the
phone. Prepares highly complex commercial/service/technical
proposals and presentations for CenturyLink product portfolio and
capability. Demonstrates solution selling abilities and effective,
pro-active customer communications. Interacts independently with
all levels of customer's management team.
Properly balance three-way relationship between Customer,
CenturyLink, and Third-Party suppliers - who often also have direct
relationships with customers.
Coordinates post-sale customer implementation with service delivery
organization, provides design clarifications and where needed plans
transition to a dedicated support environment. Investigates
customer solution deployment against design documents, if network
not built appropriately will provide direction to network team.
Communicates directly with customers.
- 8 years of relevant job experience with similar essential
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of applicable
education and experience required; MBA or related graduate degree
- Demonstrated technical sales experience (at least 8 years) in
telecommunications sales and solution leadership experience
- Experience leading teams that have sold complex solutions and
- Exceptional strategic planning, solution management and
contract/service negotiations skills.
- Experience in consultative sales techniques and account
planning including account profiling, account positioning strategy,
customer needs analysis, sales opportunity development, service
improvement planning, and long-range account management
- A record of accomplishment for consistently exceeding sales and
- Experience at being a strategic member of sales team who
contributes significantly to growth and development of the
- High energy level and demonstrated drive to succeed.
Alternate Location: US-California-San Francisco
Requisition #: 212774
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment.
A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We
do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment
decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion,
benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will
consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and
Keywords: CenturyLink, Broomfield , Solutions Consultant - Global Accounts, Professions , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!