Diesel Fleet Mechanic
Posted on: June 9, 2018
Join the best professional diesel engine technicians at Transwest. Work on Freightliner and Western Star products, Detroit Diesel, CAT, Cummins and more. All locations offer clean, safe working conditions, with the latest tooling and computer diagnostic equipment. By becoming a member of the Transwest family, you can also take advantage of the certification program to expand your skills and further your career.
We offer competitive wages and a full benefits package including medical, dental, life, disability insurance, 401(K), paid holidays, paid vacation/personal time, and an employee car discount program.
For a full list of locations, visit https://www.transwest.com/locations
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform work as outlined in repair order.
- Perform all work with efficiency and accuracy and in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnose and repair vehicle malfunction.
- Communicate with the parts department to secure necessary parts.
- Save and tag warranty parts.
- Advise shop foreman and provide recommendation if repair order needs to be adjusted.
- Road test vehicles as needed for quality assessment.
- Maintain working knowledge of factory technical bulletins.
- Ensure customer vehicle cleanliness.
- Maintain neat and orderly work area.
- Accountable for all dealership owned tools.
- Uphold federal, state and local regulations governing the disposal of hazardous waste.
- Perform job duties and functions with flexibility in the event circumstances shift, i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technology developments.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
- Required to perform work inside and outside, in all-weather situations, at the shop division location.
- Requires frequent sitting, standing, balancing, bending or stooping for prolonged periods of time.
- Manual dexterity, fine manipulation and the ability to reach with hands and arms and lift up to 80 lbs.
- Must be able to operate simple to complex and heavy-duty machinery.
- Normal range of hearing and vision.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver's license with the ability to obtain a CDL within 90 days of employment.
- Diesel Engine Technology Certifications/Education.
- Candidate must have experience diagnosing and repairing diesel trucks.
- Candidate must be a motivated individual who can work independently.
- Selected candidate will be required to attend training sessions for products serviced by the company at the company's expense.
- Candidate must possess a complete set of hand tools with rollaway toolbox.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to successfully pass a General Abilities Assessment and Post-offer background check, physical and drug screening.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- DTNA Heavy Duty Truck Systems, DTNA Electrical Trouble Shooting, DTNA Electronic Systems, DTNA HVAC, DTNA M2 Certification.
- Freightliner Cascadia Expert Certification
- Western Star Expert Certification
- DD15 Major Repair, DD15 Advanced Diagnostics, Series 60 Major Repair
- Cummins ISX, ISL, ISM, ISB, ISC Engine
- Allison Transmission
- ASE Master
Keywords: Transwest, Broomfield, Diesel Fleet Mechanic, Professions, Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!