Engineer Senior - Operations Research Analyst / Mission Analyst
Company: Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp
Posted on: November 12, 2021
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our
team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace
will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be
required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a
condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to
approved medical or religious accommodations.
Clearance Requirement: A current, active Secret security clearance
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission
focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our
customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather
forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver
actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our
freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more
information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on
LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter or Instagram .
The Tactical Solutions Strategic Business Unit delivers mission
system solutions, from specialized antennas to electro-optical
technologies, to the warfighter. Our systems enhance the
performance of various military platforms, from aircraft and land
vehicles to ships and satellites, and give warfighters the
advantage they need to take action, identify targets and defend
against evolving threats.
Engineer Senior - Operations Research Analyst / Mission Analyst
The Ball Aerospace Tactical Solutions business unit pursues and
executes development and production programs that apply
radio-frequency (RF) and electro-optical and infrared (EOIR)
technologies to the nation's defense needs in C4ISR, precision
strike, air dominance, and electronic warfare. Ball Aerospace
Tactical Solutions employs mission analyses to identify customer
capability gaps and participate in development programs that lead
to long-term mission-enabling capabilities for the Warfighter. We
value speed, agility, and superb operational performance in all
dimensions of our business.
This is an opportunity to join Ball Aerospace's Tactical Solutions
operations research and mission analysis team. We are looking for
highly motivated and talented individuals who are interested in
solving challenging problems in support of U.S. national security
and defense. Our team is seeking enthusiastic individuals who are
passionate about new technology; are strategic "big-picture"
thinkers; have constant drive to learn; have strong technical,
analytical, creative, and visualization skills; and have an
interest in collaborating as part of a team of dedicated technical
What You'll Do:
- Lead and define mission analysis studies to help drive cutting
edge technology developments for Ball Aerospace and our customers
from a top-level mission-focused perspective.
- Identify or create tools or frameworks for performing modeling
and simulation/analysis of military systems and next-generation
technology solutions to assess overall mission impact.
- Research existing military systems to understand and
characterize their technical performance and possible shortfalls
and propose solutions to fill any identified gaps.
- Model future military systems at appropriate fidelity using
sound analytical judgement to fill in incomplete information.
- Perform trade studies and analyze simulation results to draw
meaningful mission-driving conclusions.
- Communicate complex analytical techniques and results clearly
and concisely to audiences of varying technical expertise
- Prepare and deliver technical briefings and reports to internal
audiences, contractor, and government decision makers
- Use internally developed MATLAB modeling frameworks and
commercial/government provided tools
- Lead more junior analysts in defining their work assignments,
checking their work for accuracy, and providing guidance and
- Contribute to updating and implementing group vision while
upholding and promoting group Core Values
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within
the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support
Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to
maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field
is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may
substitute for two years of experience. Related technical
experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be
from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an
agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department
- Bachelor's degree or higher in engineering, physics,
mathematics, operations research, or other technical discipline is
- A current, active Secret security clearance is required.
- Current access to Special Access Programs is preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as a strategic,
- Strong computer skills and scripting/programming experience is
required, MATLAB preferred
- Broad academic backgrounds including academic research
experience is preferred.
- Ability to independently research new topics of interest.
- Ability to document analysis results, write reports and present
findings to audiences at varying technical levels
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interface with technicians, peers, senior-level
engineers, business development, management.
- Existing DoD Secret, DoD Top Secret, or TS/SCI security
clearance granted within the previous six (6) years.
- Current access to Special Access Programs.
- Experience evaluating air-vehicle, sensor, or weapon
performance and survivability.
- Electronic Warfare modeling and simulation experience.
- Remote sensing and/or communication theory experience.
- RF and/or EOIR system or mission-level modeling
- Knowledge of surface and airborne military systems, operations,
and Integrated Air Defense Systems (IADS).
- Experience with military modeling environments (Brawler,
Suppressor, AFSIM, EADSIM, ESAMS, etc).
- Object Oriented programming experience, MATLAB preferred.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to
the health and safety of all employees and is required as a
condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please
remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in
Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be
illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes
the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug
test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor,
or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of
protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other
possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government
customer access meets the requirement for this position will be
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $129,500 - $163,500 (Salary to be
determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and
abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For
details, copy and paste into your browser or visit our careers
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp, Broomfield , Engineer Senior - Operations Research Analyst / Mission Analyst, Professions , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!