Senior Electrical Systems Engineer - Spacecraft Systems
Company: Ball Aerospace
Posted on: February 15, 2021
Senior Electrical Systems Engineer - Spacecraft Systems Company:
Ball Aerospace Location: Broomfield, CO, US, 80020 Date: Feb 2,
2021 Job Category: Engineering/ Technical Req. ID: 2232 Powered by
endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball
Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform
beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create
innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts,
drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable
data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go
forward bravely and return home safely. For more information,
visit--Ball Aerospace Career Site --or connect with us on LinkedIn
, Facebook , Twitter --or Instagram . The Engineering Strategic
Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical
leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact
discriminating technologies for our customers' missions. Our
collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation,
integrity, continual learning and strong execution. Senior
Electrical System Engineer - Spacecraft Systems Does impacting
climate change motivate you? Are you curious about unlocking the
secrets to our universe? Does playing a part in the security of our
nation and the world excite you? Ball Aerospace in beautiful
Colorado supports DoD, NASA, and NOAA customers by designing
space-based remote sensing systems. We are looking for a technical
leader who can create electrical system architectures and
implementations for cutting-edge space-based bus and payload
systems. What You'll Do:
- Assess spacecraft electrical system technology and architecture
- Perform electrical system conceptual development, trade studies
and electrical subsystem level requirements flow-down (analysis and
- Provide technical oversight of subsystem designs to ensure the
spacecraft electrical system is compliant and verifiable at the
spacecraft bus level. Subsystems include power management, command
& data handling, attitude determination and control, RF Telecom and
- Evaluate new internal electrical technology development and
upgrades for the bus electrical system architecture and implement
design solutions for maximum SWaP value.
- Interface with Systems Engineering, Integration and Test, and
other engineering disciplines to develop electrical solutions for
- Provide guidance in defining and implementing the test and
- Resolve hardware anomalies at the system level and determine
root cause and corrective action.
- Evaluate size, weight, and power trades.
- Mitigate technical risks early in the design phase.
- Present to customer and to team members using written and
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within
Engineering, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units
and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a
positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.-- What You'll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field
is required plus 8 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may
substitute for two years of experience. Related technical
experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be
from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an
agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department
- Knowledge of electronics used for power distribution, power
switching, command and data handling and RF Communications
- Knowledge of grounding architectures for low noise
- Knowledge of harnessing to meet voltage drop, power and signal
- Knowledge of EMI/EMC/ESD design and test requirements for
- Experience with spacecraft level grounding, EMI/EMC/ESD and
electrical interface control definitions.
- Experience with design trades, design concepts, system
specifications, system analyses and failure reporting.
- Detailed design experience with "space flight qualified"
- Analytical experience including FMECA, WCA, Reliability, RCCA,
voltage drop and derating.
- Exceptional written communication skills, strong presentation
skills and the ability to lead group discussions with customers and
- Technical design team leadership experience.
- Experience in high speed digital system architectures,
closed-loop control systems, integration and test.
- Experience with embedded processor-based electronics
- Understanding of redundant hardware/software architectures and
fault tolerance design.
- Current Top Secret/SCI security clearance preferred. Working
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor,
or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of
protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other
possible non-Ball locations may be required. A current DoD
clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be
eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and
eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is
accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable
clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to
complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to
evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security
clearance or government customer access associated with this
position. Relocation for this position is available.
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $126,500 - $159,500-- (Salary to be
determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and
abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Click
here to learn more. US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED Ball Aerospace is an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or
Keywords: Ball Aerospace, Broomfield , Senior Electrical Systems Engineer - Spacecraft Systems, Professions , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!