Sr. UX Researcher and Strategist
Company: Ingersoll Rand
Posted on: November 11, 2019
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around
the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable,
sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family
of brands-including Club Car-- , Ingersoll Rand-- , Thermo King-- ,
Trane-- , American Standard-- Heating& Air Conditioning and ARO-- -
work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes
and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and
increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global
business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring
results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an
equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse
workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United
States qualified protected veterans.
As a UX Researcher and Strategist, you have a passion for and are
responsible for ensuring the user-viewpoint is well-represented in
everything that the Residential Climate Digital team does, from
planning through development, and release. You are a skilled
researcher who can plan, conduct, analyze, and present user
research. You are also a driven strategist who can work with people
across products and across disciplines, balancing business
objectives, end-user goals, and technical requirements to help plan
the creation of world-class experiences.
You understand the importance of whole team buy-in and bring your
Product Owner and developers with you through the process, whether
it's field research, collaborative journey mapping, facilitating a
design sprint, or running a usability test. By obtaining and
communicating user needs for short-term and long-term visioning,
validating experiences in an agile environment, and conducting
deeper exploration into concepts that impact multiple project
teams, you have a key role in impacting customer, prospect, and
partner experiences. You look forward to leading a team that is
used to design execution into the realm of design strategy.
This role is 40% user experience research/analysis, 40% strategic
user experience design, and 20% hands-on design.
- Plan and conduct user research as an input into both experience
strategy and project execution.
- Analyze, synthesize, interpret, and explain research
- Prepare and deliver easy-to-understand, well-designed research
plans and findings tailored to a variety of audiences.
- Plan and facilitate workshops with key stakeholders to gather
information and insights. Help drive to consensus. Document and
communicate outcomes in a clear, effective, and visually-appealing
- Actively lead and collaborate in discussions and working
sessions with cross-functional groups
- Evangelize and advocate for user research, user-centered design
philosophy, and UX/design best practices.
- Mentor team members in the art of research, strategy, and
- Propose design solutions and guide designers as they develop
high-fidelity designs and prototypes.
- Work independently under general prioritization and guidance of
the UX Director.
Specific Deliverables Include:
- Research Proposals/Plans
- Research Results/Analysis Presentations and
- Personas and User/Customer Journey Maps
- Storyboards, prototypes, and UX execution plans
Required Experience :
- 5+ years in a user experience role, including UX research and
- Experience planning, conducting and summarizing user research
and design workshops
- Ability to design and prototype the user interaction
- Experience with tools such as Optimal Workshop, UsabilityHub,
Qualtrics, or Miro
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications
- Strong presentation skills, including preparing presentations
and presenting them to various local and remote audiences
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Strong consultative skills, capable problem-solving abilities,
and ability to build consensus
- Willingness to travel, as needed, to conduct user research
Additional Preferred Experience:
- Experience with web and mobile design in an agile
- Comfortable working with design agencies.
- Creating and testing Information architectures &
- Working knowledge of graphic design best practices (color
theory, brand standards).
- Experience in Omnigraffle, Visio or other wire framing and
- Interactive prototyping experience (Axure, Adobe XD, In-Design,
iRise, Balsamiq, etc.)
- Experience leading or managing designers.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal
and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns
with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you
live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and
diverse culture that engages as well as values the different
backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs
innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer
If you share our passion for inspiring progress-for bringing about
bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate-then you
belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Keywords: Ingersoll Rand, Broomfield , Sr. UX Researcher and Strategist, Other , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!