Senior Technical Support Engineer - Wavefront by VMware
Company: Dell Technologies
Posted on: June 11, 2019
Wavefront by VMware is a next-generation SaaS solution that gives
Engineering teams next generation visibility into the technology
that underpins revenue generating web-scale applications. Wavefront
customers include Lyft, Box, Workday, Intuit, Groupon, DoorDash,
and Postmates. Wavefront is redefining how Engineering teams use
systems telemetry and metrics. Our massively scalable approach was
pioneered at Google, refined at Twitter, and involves real-time
processing of high-fidelity host and application metrics. Using
Wavefront, developers and technical operations teams can ask any
question of their systems and applications with answers in
real-time. The Wavefront platform enables Engineering to spend less
time on unplanned ops and therefore as much time as possible on
feature velocity. As part of the Cloud Management Business Unit
(CMBU) you will work directly with customers, partners, field
sales, delivery and product development teams to help ensure the
successful incubation, adoption and enablement of Wavefront by
VMwares SaaS service. Earning the right as a trusted advisor
requires a unique blend of being polished with customers, having
technical savvy, being an out of the box thinker, and having the
ability to drive and engage multiple stakeholders to translate and
communicate business requirements into a solution vision. Emerging
Products Group: Our focus is to ensure we provide excellent support
for new products providing a great customer experience thus
enabling easy use and adoption of these products, which in turn
increases the chances of customers purchasing the products. To be
able to meet the requirements EPG needs to recruit the best
Engineers who can quickly adopt new products & technologies, create
best practices and processes, documentation & work closely with
R&D. Our mission is to provide excellent customer experience
and prepare products for a smooth transition into Core GSS once
sales licenses reach a certain threshold. A successful candidate
will wear many hats, and your work will have a real impact on the
direction of the Emerging products portfolio. Key Responsibilities
- Provide world-class customer service throughout the entire
lifecycle of customer adoption.
- Communicate Wavefront by VMware methodology and best practices
- Work independently or as part of a team on engagements with
customers, often in a technical leadership role to ensure customer
retention and to drive customer value realization.
- Provide architectural guidance for the integration of VMware
management products with third-party products within the customers
IT environment such as storage, networking, systems management,
capacity management and monitoring, high availability solutions,
security infrastructures, etc.
- Stay on top of customer reported issues, regularly communicate
with customers, sales account teams and CMBU Product Management and
- Be able to drive and increase visibility of escalated support
issues for CMBU key accounts as needed.
- Participate and partner with product development to help define
and contribute in the creation of new solutions and tooling based
on customer requirements contribute directly to the delivery of
these solutions through scripting, coding, testing, documenting,
demonstrating and/or showcasing as part of a team.
- Bring thought leadership around overall customer success and be
self-driven to lead with minimal supervision.
- Document best practices in deploying Wavefront by VMware, and
feed them into our knowledge base for reuse by customers and
- Support various customer enablement and partner events -
deliver public speaking and presentations.
- Ability to travel periodically and/or spend significant time
interacting with customers remotely on solutions engagements.
- Strong Math and statistical analysis abilities for analyzing
graphs and customized data with the ability to apply custom
functions to datasets to find a resolution to complex
- Experience with SQL and/or NO SQL or Timeseries databases with
the ability to understand how joins and series matching will affect
the outcome of data.
- Experience with creating or troubleshooting monitoring
Dashboards or Alerts based on custom data. Professional
- Domain level understanding of Public/Private Cloud
Infrastructure & Networking.
- Experience with modern software development methodologies.
- Previous experience of SaaS support or an understanding of how
customers with SaaS products have different support
- Programming abilities in languages such as Go, Python, Java,
Unix shell/Bash are an advantage.
- Experience with DevOps methodologies and tooling such as:
Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt, Terraform, Docker, Kubenetes,
Github etc. We dont need you to know them all but our customer base
is using these kinds of tools (and more) and familiarity with some
of them would be a big help.
- Experience in a related space such as log analytics, APM etc.
E.g. Splunk/Sumo Logic/App Dynamics/New Relic/DataDog/SignalFX
would be helpful
- Familiarity with Open Source metrics platforms such as
Graphite, OpenTSDB, InfluxDB, Prometheus etc.
Keywords: Dell Technologies, Broomfield , Senior Technical Support Engineer - Wavefront by VMware, Other , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!