Help Desk Specialist 1
Company: Horizontal Talent
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Help Desk/Deskside Specialist IWhat You'll Do
- Performs a variety of project tasks and requires good
communications skills with the ability to work with users
diplomatically and skillfully.
- Exercises judgment and decision making in the diagnosis and
resolution of computer hardware and software problems.
- May act as a lead worker in the Technical Support area
coordinating efforts amongst other team members.
- Solve computer workstation problems following established
policies and procedures.
- Maintain appropriate documentation records (both hardcopy and
- May develop procedures for the efficient operation of the help
desk functions and participates in process improvement
- Maintain documentation records to log and track problems and
resolutions as appropriate.
- Consistently provide basic IT-related troubleshooting and
- Solve IT-related issues and execute predefined requests per
established policies and procedures.
- Leverage tools and processes in place to quickly and
effectively resolve end-user questions or issues.
- Create or update knowledge base articles to reflect current
data and processes. Archive outdated knowledge articles as older
processes become obsolete.
- Answer and record all phone calls directed to the help desk;
maintain documentation records to log and track problems and
resolutions as appropriate.
- Participate in the Help Desk call center queue and consistently
meet call center metrics
- As a first level of IT troubleshooting, provide phone support
to end user and escalate to other IT teams as needed.
- Remotely troubleshoot personal computer and peripheral
- Operate company owned vehicles as required.
- Maintain valid driver's license and good motor vehicle
- Troubleshoot network and voice-related issues, repair personal
computer and peripheral equipment problems to the board, device or
component levels as appropriate.
- Receiving equipment and conducting inventory.
- Trouble-shoot and repair personal computer and peripheral
equipment problems to the board, device or component levels as
- Travel to various (assigned) campuses to perform field work in
customer facing role.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within
the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately
with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work
- Perform other duties as necessary.What You'll Need
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 4 years or more related
experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 2 years or more
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor's or Master's,
may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be
from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an
agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department
of Education.Working Conditions
- This is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the
health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition
of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that
regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other
states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the
federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some
CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory,
cleanroom, or production floor. Horizontal facilitates valuable and
productive conversations between you and potential employers. We
can assist you in growing your career by partnering you with
employers that offer challenging assignments. For those that join
the team, we offer competitive compensation and benefits including
medical, dental, vision, and retirement. Check out all we have to
offer and how you can become part of the Horizontal Talent Team. In
compliance in compliance with state laws and regulations related to
job posting requirements, the salary range for this role is $15.00
-$115.00 per hour (hourly rates in other locations could differ).
This is not a guarantee of compensation, as final offer amount may
vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and
Keywords: Horizontal Talent, Broomfield , Help Desk Specialist 1, Other , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!