Underwriting Services Specialist (#ICAT)
Company: Marsh McLennan
Posted on: November 16, 2021
What can you expect?
- You will acquire first-hand experience of the inner workings of
a Managing General Agency (MGA) and gain specific understanding on
how catastrophic modeling influences and supports underwriting,
pricing, business planning, capital setting, and risk management
- You can expect to make a direct impact on business results by
utilizing your analytical skills to enable sound risk
- You will be joining an experienced, collaborative team that
excels in communication and supports one another's successes and
failures with empathy and understanding
- Your career will be supported with a hands-on training and
development plan that encourages you to own your career and better
yourself by discovering your motivations and unlocking your
What is in it for you?The estimated salary range for this role is
from $38,000 to $43,500 with the final salary being determined on
an individual basis taking into consideration factors such as:
- Candidate's Experience
- Candidate's Education
- Any additional certifications/credentialsWe are excited to
offer the following benefits to all of our colleagues:
- Health and welfare benefits
- Tuition assistance
- 401k and other retirement savings programs
- Employee assistance program - physical, mental, and
We will count on you to:
- Obtain a general understanding of the market for ICAT's
products and services.
- Communicate issues related to producers, agency personnel,
production, quality, and ICAT's products and services activity to
the Supervisor, Lead, Underwriter or Relationship Manager in a
timely and accurate manner, via SalesForce or direct contact.
- Respond to producer requests via phone, email, and live chat
- Effectively utilize SalesForce data and other office metrics to
effectively negotiate with producers.
- Process new and renewal policies, cancellations and
reinstatements, endorsements and inspection reviews to achieve
individual, team and company premium, service and quality
- Fill in for other team members to ensure business continuity
during peak periods and/or when team members are unavailable.
- Gather and compiles information required to quote, and/or bind
- Conduct inspection review and analysis resulting in appropriate
issue identification, recommendations and follow up actions to
resolve such issues.
- Manage a high volume of workflow while maintaining accuracy and
a high level of detail.
- Operate within defined underwriting authority as outlined in
the USM authority matrix.
- Understand and adhere to ICAT's underwriting processing,
underwriting guidelines and underwriting file documentation.
- Understand the functionality of all underwriting systems
(automated and manual) and utilizes these systems as required.
- Demonstrate basic understanding of technical underwriting
principles and risk underwriting characteristics.
- Understand and use policy form structure, products and
- Begin to learn market dynamics, competitive landscape, and
- Maintain knowledge of and supports ICAT's company values and
What you need to have:
- 1-3 years customer service experience in a professional
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- High attention to detail, creativity, intellectual curiosity, a
desire to communicate, and strong time management skills
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
What makes you stand out?
- Bachelor's degree in insurance, business or related field
- 1 to 2 years underwriting support experience
- Experience using SalesForce
Founded in 1998 and based in Broomfield, Colorado, ICAT is a
leading provider of property insurance protection to homeowners and
businesses located in hurricane- and earthquake-exposed regions of
the United States. ICAT draws from highly specialized underwriting
expertise and advanced technology tools to offer brokers and their
clients market-leading catastrophe coverage. Along with its
subsidiary, Boulder Claims, ICAT's inherent promise to
policyholders is to assist people and businesses as they recover
from disasters. ICAT programs currently protect over 85,000
homeowners and business owners in catastrophe-exposed regions of
Marsh is the world's leading insurance broker and risk adviser.
With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries,
Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven
risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a business of Marsh
McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm
in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With annual revenue
approaching US $17 billion and 76,000 colleagues worldwide, MMC
helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex
environment through four market-leading businesses: Marsh, Guy
Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman. Follow Marsh on ; LinkedIn;
Facebook; and YouTube, or subscribe to BRINK.
Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOE
Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Keywords: Marsh McLennan, Broomfield , Underwriting Services Specialist (#ICAT), Other , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!