In this role you will have the opportunity to use your
technical, analytical and mechanical talents to design new
equipment, troubleshoot existing equipment and work on quality and
process improvements projects. The Process Engineering team
supports manufacturing processes by ensuring safety, efficiency,
and innovation for our production personnel, as well as working
closely with product engineers to create processes that will
continue to enhance the Hunter Douglas product line offerings.
Assignments will be challenging but rewarding. To be successful,
you will need to be a team player who actively contributes to the
group in order to complete tasks, meet goals or manage
- Strong mechanical aptitude and an eye for human centered design
- Works well in a collaborative environment with a customer
- Willing to continually learn and try new things
- Great attention to detail and troubleshooting skills.
- Understanding of data and strong analytical skills
- Collaborates closely with Operations Team on day to day
equipment and quality troubleshooting
- Identify opportunities for improvements in safety, quality,
productivity and cost savings.
- Collects and analyzes data to quantify opportunities and work
on improving the overall product.
- Uses Siemens NX CAD software to design prototypes and
- Effectively manages multiple projects and tasks
- Utilizes project management tools (project plans, timelines,
resource requirements, regular
communication & status update meetings, etc...).
- Analyzes existing production and peripheral equipment design
and processes to evaluate performance, company safety, and
federally mandated equipment guidelines and operator ergonomics.
Makes necessary recommendations for new and improved design
products or processes.
- Uses test methods to gather data and analyze new and existing
production equipment and processes to evaluate quality, efficiency,
safety, and operator ergonomics. Identifies opportunities for
improvement and develops potential solutions. Works with
Engineering and Operations leadership to initiate, test and
implement improvement projects.
- Works with Operations personnel to develop procedures and
training on new processes, new production equipment, and
modifications made to existing processes and equipment.
- Works effectively with outside suppliers and vendors to gather
quotes, understand capabilities and complete projects in a timely
- Researches and reviews technological advances that can be
incorporated into the workplace through use of trade and industry
publications, trade shows and contact with equipment and technology
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- 1-3 years related experience. Relevant project or work related
- Demonstrated understanding and practical application of lean
- Experience work standard development, Excel skills, experience
with simulation software and Auto Cad / Solidworks, Design, Web
Handling, Minitab is a plus.
Qualifications and KSA's:
Solid knowledge of general machinery: motors, drive systems,
tension control systems, and pneumatics, unwind / rewind systems,
actuators, heating / cooling systems, etc.
Solid knowledge of project management from a conceptual design
phase to implementation.
Solid knowledge in developing project plans, including: task
lists, timelines, resource requirements & budgets.
Solid knowledge in communicating in both written and verbal form
with other Engineers, suppliers and representatives of other
Solid knowledge in utilizing CAD software to design mechanical
parts & systems (up to complete complex machine assemblies).
Basic knowledge of the design systems and capabilities of PLC's
(Programmable Logic Controls) and principles of automation.
Desired knowledge of web handling production equipment used in
the paper, fabric, film and printing industry.
Desired knowledge of the physical properties of fabrics and
compositional changes that occur during the manufacturing
Desired knowledge of external (OSHA, NFPA, ANSI & ISO) machine
Desired knowledge of the principles of electrical wiring to be
used on production equipment.
Skill with basic hand tools. Basic machining skills (saws,
drills / drill press, mills & lathes).
Ability to build prototypes and complex mechanical systems.
Ability to gather and analyze data to determine cause & effect
Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings and
Ability to diagnose & troubleshoot machinery issues.
Hunter Douglas is the world's leading manufacturer of window
coverings. Our strength is our ability to develop innovative,
high-quality, proprietary products that can be found in millions of
homes and commercial buildings around the globe. Across the board
and throughout the world, we have set new standards in research,
design and technology. By constantly innovating and pairing our
designs with the most elegant performance fabrics, we create
long-lasting unique window treatments whose beauty, functionality,
durability, and innovation are simply like no other.
About the Window Fashions Division:
Hunter Douglas Window Fashions Division is located in
Broomfield, Colorado, midway between Boulder and Denver with
outstanding views of the Rockies. The campus encompasses 756,000
square feet of office and manufacturing space. Roughly 1000
employees work at this location to produce proprietary and upscale
products such as Duette Honeycomb Shades,
Benefits of working for Hunter Douglas Window Fashions
- Generous paid time off that accrues immediately; 11 paid
holidays, new parent and family care time off and 12 hours of paid
- Medical, dental, vision plan, life, STD, LTD, AD&D,
dependent life, flexible spending accounts, pre-paid legal, and pet
- 401(k) with 6% company match and annual retirement
contribution, college investment savings program.
- Employee development including education tuition assistance,
and on-site development through Hunter Douglas University.
- Robust wellness program; on-site managed fitness center free to
- Generous discount on window coverings.
- Charitable contribution match, employee assistance program,
adoption assistance, dependent scholarships, on-site physical
therapists and more!
Anticipated pay range for this role depending on experience-
$70,500- $83,000 with a 10% discretionary bonus.