Manufacturing Principal Planner - OE&P
Company: Ball Corporation
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security
clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission
focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our
customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate
weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet,
deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who
defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For
more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with
us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role
in enabling efficient business and program execution - from
technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and
test operations, facilities management, and information technology
Manufacturing Principal Planner - OE&P
What You'll Do:
- Perform planning and production tasks, anticipate program
needs, and expedite material and tool requirements for production,
manufacturing or assembly operations.
- Review engineering drawings for identification of parts,
materials and tooling needs.
- Assist in identifying assembly and fabrication tooling
- Plan sequential manufacturing and assembly operations; may
estimate and generate production schedules to accommodate the
program master schedule.
- Provide continued information to update project schedules.
- Write and maintain manufacturing routers, configuration
requirements, and material tractability documentation.
- Create and utilize purchase requisitions through approval.
- Anticipate material/ part shortages or delays and expedite as
required to eliminate project schedule impacts.
- Plan and coordinate tool requirements and cost estimates for
production manufacturing and assembly operations.
- Identify long lead procurement and fabrication needs.
- Provide material and manufacturing status reports.
- Maintain strict adherence to business process and government
- May lead a team of less experienced planners and serve as a
resource for solving problems.
- Work with external suppliers and program team to ensure program
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within
the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support
Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order
to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 10 years or more related
experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 8 years or more
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor's or Master's,
may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be
from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an
agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department
- Prior manufacturing, materials or operations experience in a
business environment is desired.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean
room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other
possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government
customer access meets the requirement for this position will be
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $31.25 - $42.55 per hour (Salary to be
determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and
abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For
details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your
browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Keywords: Ball Corporation, Broomfield , Manufacturing Principal Planner - OE&P, Other , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!