Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when
technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route
fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver
the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data
to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing
experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security
and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to
further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com,
LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook:
/lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube:
The State and Local Government and Education (SLED) Contract
Analyst role is to evaluate requests from customers for custom or
non-standard contract terms and conditions and be able to negotiate
and communicate with State Government customers, Lumen and customer
attorneys, and other internal business stakeholders on these custom
or non-standard contracting opportunities.
The position requires experience in working in the State and
Local Government area and knowledge of contract negotiations,
contract language creation, project management, ability to manage
multiple projects with competing priorities, custom offer
construction, Statement of Work reviews, sales processes, along
with team leadership and coaching. Ideal candidate is detail
oriented, a skilled negotiator, excellent communicator, a strong
project leader, and has the desire to work in a fast-paced
high-pressure environment in support of the sales effort.
The Main Responsibilities
- Drive sales opportunities to final contract execution that
results in profitable revenue growth for Lumen.
- Ensure consistent application of terms and conditions in custom
contracts and related documents.
- Minimize Lumen's operational and financial risk exposure in
- Build working relationship and trust with Lumen's Pricing
organization, Sales and Sales Leadership, Product Management, Legal
and other key stakeholders.
- Become a knowledge source on process and alternative solutions
for solving problems.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- In this role, complete workload according to customer and sales
needs while ensuring appropriate issues are being escalated to
leadership as necessary.
- Assists in identification, development, and implementation of
new contract policies and procedures.
- Negotiate contract terms & conditions with customers.
- Develop creative solutions to contract issues.
- Develop contract language under pressure for fast
- Communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Vet custom operational and business commitments with internal
- Maintain control and progress of contract negotiations,
conference calls and documents.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience.
Master's degree or Law degree a plus.
- Experience in government contracting.
- Minimal five years' experience in customer negotiations,
business development, and contract drafting or equivalent.
- Excellent verbal, written, project management and presentation
- Ability to summarize key contract issues to management.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills: strong skills on Microsoft Office (Word,
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with sales personnel
and customers in person and/or on conference calls.
- Knowledge of the competitive Telecommunications and Hosting/IT
Requisition #: 249855
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background
screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug
screen), depending on the requirements for the position.
Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify
you from the new position or your current role. Background results
will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to
all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship,
national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We
do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment
decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion,
benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
NOTE: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we
will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and
The above job definition information has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain
or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for
this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums
may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills,
experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or
sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for
long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you
can view additional information here. We're able to answer any
additional questions you may have as you move through the selection
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a
broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits
and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and
financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are
governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job
based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the
job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on
individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors.
We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in
and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are
welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection