Specialist - Contracts
Company: Ball Corporation
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission
focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our
customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate
weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet,
deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who
defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For
more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with
us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Finance Strategic Support Unit delivers the expertise and
business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by
providing actionable information with recommendations and
opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
Specialist - Contracts
As a Contract Specialist working within the National Defense
(ND) contracts department, you will assume a hands-on Contract
Specialist role as an individual contributor role.
What You'll Do:
- Provide proposals contract negotiations, contract awards and
contract administration on a variety of programs, encompassing all
phases of the contract life cycle (pre-proposal through contract
- Establish effective relationships, collaborating with other
employees in the department, cross-functionally and with program
personnel, and maintain effective relationships with key
- Review contracts and related documents to assess risk to the
company and recommend mitigation approaches and ensure compliance
with various Federal Regulations and Ball Aerospace policy.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within
the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support
Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order
to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 10 or more years related
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may
substitute for two years of experience. Related technical
experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be
from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an
agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department
- Hands-on experience in Federal government contracts related
work is preferred.
- Business related Master's degree desirable.
- CPCM certification desirable.
- Government and Commercial contracts experience (domestic and
- Experience with cost reimbursable, award fee and incentive fee
- Experience with Firm Fixed Price contracts.
- Experience with DOD and major Aerospace primes preferred.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft office
- Agile and effective negotiator with clear oral and written
- Ability to work a variety of complex issues at one time.
- Experience in developing and implementing negotiation
- Must be a leader with strong conflict resolution skills in a
- Current TS/SCI Security clearance desired.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other
possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not
required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must
be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an
offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable
clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to
complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to
evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security
clearance or government customer access associated with this
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $105,500 - $145,500 (Salary to be
determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and
abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For
details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your
browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Keywords: Ball Corporation, Broomfield , Specialist - Contracts, Other , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!