Project Engineer I - Ground Systems Development Lead
Company: Ball Aerospace
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Project Engineer I - Ground Systems Development Lead Company:
Ball Aerospace Location: Broomfield, CO, US, 80020 Date: Mar 13,
2021 Job Category: Engineering/ Technical Req. ID: 4376 Clearance
Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is
required. Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering
mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our
customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters
most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate
weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet,
deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who
defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For
more information, visit--Ball Aerospace Career Site --or connect
with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter --or Instagram . The
Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational
talent and technical leadership that enables the successful
delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our
customers' missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are
committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong
execution. Project Engineer I - Ground Systems Development Lead
What You'll Do:
- Lead and manage ground systems development efforts and
- Set the strategy for program optimal organization for the
ground systems development.
- Establish, develop and maintain strong relationships with
Engineering peers, internal stakeholders, and external
- Provide management of principal staff on Integrated Product
Teams (IPT) and Ground System Engineer (GSE) Leads.
- Support proposal development for remote sensing end to end
- Track program performance.
- Establish customer needs and develop them into
Business/Technical Requirements, establishing scope budget and
schedule parameters to execute projects.
- Manage ground system development and subcontracts for software
and hardware integration.
- Face-to-face interaction with customers and contractors to
respond to requests for information, support to technical meetings,
technical interchanges and enterprise working groups.
- Develop contracts and support plans for Spacecraft Engineers
and Online Operations Engineers
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within
the department, the Strategic Business Units, and Strategic Support
Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order
to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary. What You'll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical
field, plus 8 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may
substitute for two years of experience. Related technical
experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be
from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an
agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department
- Experience in--technology management and systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of ground systems for spacecraft
- Demonstrated subcontract management of large, complex aerospace
systems to include cost-plus type contractual vehicles.
- Cost Account Manager (CAM) experience on full Earned Value
Management (EVMS) compliant contracts.
- Demonstrated successful system engineering of ground systems
development efforts including meeting cost, schedule, and
- Proven track record in management of design & development tasks
as an integrated product team lead or Chief Engineer leading cross
- Resource and Cost management: Management of IPT resources and
costs, and subsequent performance reporting of each area.
- Experience using tools and metrics to manage development
activity, including EVMS and IMS.
- Experience in Schedule and Risk management.
- Experience with Software Development Plans and Software
- Experience in mission management, flight dynamics, or command &
- Demonstrated ability to quickly come up to speed on technical
and management efforts currently underway.
- Knowledge of related disciplines in software engineering,
hardware engineering, integration, test engineering, quality
engineering, configuration/data management.
- Experience in developing specifications, design and analysis,
documentation, and presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written communication
skills, oral presentation skills, and an ability to lead group
- An advanced degree is preferred. Working Conditions:
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor,
or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of
protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other
possible non-Ball locations may be required. Verification that your
current security clearance or government customer access meets the
requirement for this position will be required. Relocation for this
position is available.
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $126,500 - $159,500 (Salary to be
determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and
abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Click
here to learn more. US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED Ball Aerospace is an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or
Keywords: Ball Aerospace, Broomfield , Project Engineer I - Ground Systems Development Lead, Other , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!