Engineer Senior - Mission System Integration
Company: Ball Aerospace
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Company: Ball Aerospace Location: Broomfield, CO, US, 80020
Date: Feb 10, 2021 Job Category: Engineering/ Technical Req. ID:
7209 Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security
clearance is required. Powered by endlessly curious people with an
unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that
enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what
matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more
accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our
planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those
who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.
For more information, visit--Ball Aerospace Career Site --or
connect with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter --or Instagram .
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational
talent and technical leadership that enables the successful
delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our
customers' missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are
committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong
execution. Member of the Mission System Integration Team with
responsibilities to validate the Collection Segment prior to launch
with continued mission integration activities post-launch for
mission capability enhancements. What You'll Do:
- Develop, release, and maintain the SV to ground ICD and all
ICDs with external interfaces.
- Provide support to development of the mission CONOPS and
- Define simulator requirements and use-cases to support
Collection Segment and Mission Integration & Test activities.
- Work closely with the verification lead to develop the mission
level verification plan.
- Develop and implement the Mission Test Plan and Mission-level
- Ensure all simulator, GSE, network interfaces and other
resources are identified and in place to support mission level
- Lead mission-level test activities. These tests include but not
limited to end-to-end data verification, space to ground
compatibility and mission scenario testing.
- Provide support for operations and launch rehearsal development
- Provide planning and execution of continuous Mission System
Integrations activities post-launch due to issue resolution, space
vehicle software updates, ground system updates, and operations
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within
the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support
Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order
to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary. What You'll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field
is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may
substitute for two years of experience. Related technical
experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be
from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an
agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department
- Experience with mission operations.
- Experience with mission integration - pre-launch and
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, strong
presentation skills, proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to effectively lead group
discussions, ability to set priorities and delegate as required to
meet all objectives.
- A TS/SCI clearance is required.
- Working knowledge of Earned Value Management (EVM) - CAM
experience preferred. Working Conditions:
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor,
or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of
protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other
possible non-Ball locations may be required. Verification that your
current security clearance or government customer access meets the
requirement for this position will be required. Relocation for this
position is available.
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $126,500 - $159,500 (Salary to be
determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and
abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with
market data.) US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED Ball Aerospace is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or
Keywords: Ball Aerospace, Broomfield , Engineer Senior - Mission System Integration, Other , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!