Senior Cloud Systems Engineer
Company: Ball Aerospace
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI--security
clearance is required.-- Powered by endlessly curious people with
an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries
that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect
what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable
more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of
our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure
those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home
safely. For more information, visit--Ball Aerospace Career Site
--or connect with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter --or
Instagram . The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the
organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the
successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for
our customers' missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams
are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and
strong execution.-- Senior Cloud systems engineer to assist in
architecture and development of a new cloud based satellite ground
system. This position will be working on a team defining and
implementing the architecture for products such as satellite
command and control, mission planning, mission data processing, and
satellite simulation in the cloud. The ideal candidate will have a
detailed knowledge of cloud architecture and technologies, software
development processes, infrastructure deployment/management
technologies, programming languages, and the ability to step in and
help with development when needed. What You'll Do
- Detailed oriented cloud system administration and
- Work as part of an integrated development team to build
satellite ground systems
- Work with the following software development lifecycle
concepts: Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), DevOps, Continuous
Integration (CI), and Continuous Deployment (CD).
- Setup, maintain, secure, and configure servers running in the
- Assist in software development and testing as necessary.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within
the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately
with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work
- Perform other duties as necessary. What You'll Need
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field
is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master's Degree or
Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Related
technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree
must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited
by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US
Department of Education.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance required.
- Cloud technology experience required (AWS / Azure /
- Container experience (Docker and/or Kubernetes) preferred
- Experience with multiple modern software languages, databases,
and frameworks such as Python, Ruby, Java, RHEL, Angular, Puppet,
Chef, Jenkins, Redis, etc. preferred
- Experience working in Linux
- Good planning, organization, and communication skills.
- Ability to work with large teams of distributed ground system
engineers, software engineers, and engineers of multiple other
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Aerospace ground system experience preferred. Working
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor,
or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of
protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other
possible non-Ball locations may be required. #LI-MBTAG-- Current
Clearance Required: Verification that your current security
clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for
this position will be required. Relocation for this position is
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $126,500 - $159,500 (Salary to be
determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and
abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Click
here to learn more. US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED Ball Aerospace is an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or
Keywords: Ball Aerospace, Broomfield , Senior Cloud Systems Engineer, Other , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!