Project Engineer Senior- Mission Systems
Company: Ball Aerospace
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Company: Ball Aerospace Location: Broomfield, CO, US, 80020
Date: Mar 25, 2021 Job Category: Engineering/ Technical Req. ID:
8508 Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security
clearance is required. Powered by endlessly curious people with an
unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that
enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what
matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more
accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our
planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those
who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.
For more information, visit--Ball Aerospace Career Site --or
connect with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter --or Instagram .
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational
talent and technical leadership that enables the successful
delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our
customers' missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are
committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong
execution. This leadership position is for a highly-experienced
engineer or manager who can assist the Mission Systems Engineering
team by managing the cost, schedule, and risk for a mission which
includes the Space Vehicle(s) and Ground Station(s). What You'll
- System Engineering cost account manager - This position is 70%
management and 30% technical.
- Provide team leadership, communication, and coordination.
- Work with Mission Systems Engineering Team to identify and
- Provide coordination with partners and customers.
- Manage the Change Control Process.
- Manage Mission Systems Engineering Team deliverable items to
- Lead and set expectations to prepare the team for major program
reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR, PSR).
- Prepare and give presentations to peers, management and
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships across
the Mission Team, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support
Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to
maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary. What You'll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field
is required plus 16 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e. Master's Degree or
Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related
technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree
must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited
by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US
Department of Education.
- Degree in payload systems, spacecraft systems, management or
- Current Top Secret/SCI security clearance is required.
- Previous earned value management experience is required.
- Demonstrated experience in systems engineering processes,
including requirements development, requirement allocation, change
management, verification and validation.
- An understanding of all aspects of planning, scheduling, risk
management, and team leadership.
- A good technical foundation for Space-based Missions -
satellites and ground systems
- A desire to learn - our culture fosters intellectual curiosity
in a highly collaborative environment.
- Effective in small teamwork environment with broad
responsibilities and minimal oversight.
- Customer Relationships: Extensive knowledge of missions and
customers across core technologies areas. Knowledge/experience
working with critical customer base, established relationships with
key personnel within customer community.
- Superb presentation skills with experience presenting to senior
decision making and technical audiences. Working Conditions:
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean
room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other
possible non-Ball locations may be required. Verification that your
current security clearance or government customer access meets the
requirement for this position will be required. Relocation for this
position is available.
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $159,000 - $200,500 (Salary to be
determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and
abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with
market data.) US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED Ball Aerospace is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or
Keywords: Ball Aerospace, Broomfield , Project Engineer Senior- Mission Systems, Other , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!