Company: Ball Aerospace
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security
clearance is required.Powered by endlessly curious people with an
unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that
enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what
matters most.We create innovative space solutions, enable more
accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our
planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those
who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home
safely.The Finance Strategic Support Unit delivers the expertise
and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by
providing actionable information with recommendations and
opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.Contracts
SpecialistAs a Contract Specialist working within the National
Defense (ND) contracts department, you will assume a hands-on
Contract Specialist role as an individual contributor role.What
- Provide proposals contract negotiations, contract awards and
contract administration on a variety of programs, encompassing all
phases of the contract life cycle (pre-proposal through contract
- Review contracts and related documents to assess risk to the
company and recommend mitigation approaches and ensure compliance
with various Federal Regulations and Ball Aerospace policy.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within
the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support
Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order
to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.What You'll Need
- BS/BA in a related field plus 10 or more years related
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master's Degree or
Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Two
years of related experience may be substituted for each year of
education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school
which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of
Education, US Department of Education.
- Active TS/SCI required.
- Business related Master's desirable.
- CPCM certification desirable.
- Government and Commercial contracts experience (domestic and
- Experience with cost reimbursable, award fee and incentive fee
- Experience with Firm Fixed Price contracts.
- Experience with DOD and major Aerospace primes preferred.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft office
- Agile and effective negotiator with clear oral and written
- Ability to work a variety of complex issues at one time.
- Experience in developing and implementing negotiation
- Must be a leader with strong conflict resolution skills in a
changing environment.Working Conditions
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other
possible non-Ball locations may be required.#LI-SW1Current
Clearance Required:Verification that your current security
clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for
this position will be required.Relocation for this position is
available.Compensation & Benefits
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $105,500 - $145,500 (Salary to be
determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and
abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Click
here to learn more.US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIREDBall Aerospace is an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or
Keywords: Ball Aerospace, Broomfield , Contract Specialist, Other , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!