Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when
technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route
fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver
the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data
to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing
experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security
and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to
further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com,
LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook:
/lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube:
Provide technical direction in the creation, delivery and
integration of multiple and moderately complex software solutions.
May translate business requirements into specific designs and/or
participate in the design, evaluation and selection of IT solutions
for software for a specific business process. Establish the current
and future use of practice, metrics and methodologies to determine
current and future solutions. Explore and evaluate new and approved
technologies. Consult on the application of existing and new,
approved technologies to develop solutions. Ensure the process of
creation and delivery of design and solution in accordance with
The Main Responsibilities
• Responsible for design and architecture
solutions for work management systems
• Develop and support enhancements and new
functionality for the work management platform using cutting edge
technology, including Java, Angular 8 or higher, Vuejs, MySQL,
Mongo & Graph.
• Work with Platform Analysts, Scrum Masters,
QA Analysts, Product Owners, and other cross-functional resources
to define and deliver business impacting projects.
• Capable of working independently, as well as
with team members on different teams and in different
• Perform code reviews with other team members
in a reviewer capacity.
• Provide technical mentoring and guidance to
less experienced SW Engineers.
• Develop and support enhancements and new
functionality to automate deployments in a micro services
• Work closely with other engineering team
members to ensure code deployments are fully automated and
• Execute deployments in production and
• Continually work towards making improvements
in the release process and facilitate migration to a Continuous
Deployment/Continuous Integration approach.
• Provide technical expertise and
troubleshooting as needed to support production issues.
• Assist and in some cases be responsible for
the design and architecture of projects and features.
• Be willing to support deployments outside of
work hours participate in an on-call rotation.
• Actively participate in all relevant agile
ceremonies for each project iteration.
What We Look For in a Candidate
• 8+ years of experience in enterprise
• 4+ years of experience with application
integrations such as SOAP, RESTful Web Services, Micro-services,
File/Data transfers, etc.
• 3-5 years of experience with Architecture,
Design & Development of task-based applications.
• 3-5 years of experience in object modeling,
designing data models and database schemas, and solving scalability
• 3-5 years of experience with Agile
• 3-5 years of experience working with both
relational and non-relational databases.
• 3-5 years of experience with KAFKA
• 3-5 years of Experience with developing with
RESTful Web-services on NodeJS (JSON/XML)
• 3-5 years of experience in Hybrid Cloud
Architectures, Cloud Management Solutions for Public/Private
• 1-2 years of experience with Infrastructure
Security Automation, Infrastructure capacity monitoring and
automated scaling solutions.
Requisition #: 232296
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to
all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship,
national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”).
We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment
decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion,
benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain
or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to
change based on changing business needs and conditions.