Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when
technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route
fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver
the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data
to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing
experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security
and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to
further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com,
LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook:
/lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube:
We have a need for an accounting professional with a strong work
ethic and a desire to a lead a fast paced, results driven general
ledger accounting team. This position will oversee the
consolidation process and manage a team of accountants, interacting
regularly with the other accounting teams, IT, and internal and
The Main Responsibilities
• Oversee a team of professionals in the
preparation of consolidated income statements and balance sheets
for three SEC registrant companies and for other reporting
• Oversee the preparation of cash flow
statements and related information.
• Oversee administration of the consolidation
• Work with other accounting teams to
understand accounting treatment to ensure elimination entries are
• Work with external auditors to explain
accounting treatment and assist with their review of company
• Oversee maintenance and testing of internal
controls over financial statements and supporting schedule.
• Use critical thinking and attention to
detail to help ensure financial statements are free from
• Work on complex issues which require input
from multiple sources and innovative problem solving.
• Review financial information included in
• Assist in the review of SEC filings.
• Special projects as assigned.
What We Look For in a Candidate
• Extensive knowledge and application of
generally accepted accounting principles.
• Bachelors degree in Accounting or equivalent
• Minimum of eight to ten years of accounting
experience with medium to large companies and/or large accounting
• Ability to work in complex environment.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Good oral and written communication
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
with a continuous improvement mindset.
• Certified Public Accountant.
• Prior supervisory experience.
• Public accounting experience.
• Experience in telecommunications or public
• Experience with SAP.
• Experience with consolidation systems.
Requisition #: 228355
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background
screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug
screen), depending on the requirements for the position.
Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may
disqualify you from the new position or your current role.
Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to
all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship,
national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”).
We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment
decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion,
benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain
or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to
change based on changing business needs and conditions.