Posted on: May 24, 2020
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications
provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more
than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience,
CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by
solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure
connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted
partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity
and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that
help protect their business.
Provides direction, monitors workload and manages performance
target achievement for a team of non-represented employees through
daily communication, problem solving, and proactive monitoring of
team performance. Responsible for customer follow up, facilitates
difficult calls, ensures internal reporting and performance
metrics, provides status appropriately using internal systems, and
demonstrates expertise with all Service Assurance processes and
procedures for creating and managing service related trouble
tickets on product line. Responsible for leading leaders of people
with a focus representing approximately 40% strategic, 30% tactical
and 30% operations.The Main Responsibilities
- Supervises, educates, motivates and coaches both management and
non-represented employees who are responsible for providing
database management and support. Integrating a diverse and
geographically dispersed staff into a single cohesive team
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose performance issues, set goals,
establish measurements, and confront deficiencies. Strong focus on
- Responsible for all center or functional group operations,
including activities and performance (results, costs, methods, and
- Establishes and assures adherence to budgets, schedules, work
plans and objectives/goals. Responsible for all personnel training
- Management of day-to-day operations for production platforms
supporting internal and external customers
- Project Management of internal and external team projects
including management of interactions with vendors and
- Interaction with leadership within the company to ensure open
communication and relationships
- Ensure that all regulatory requirements and applicable critical
Industry certifications are met
- May intercede on calls with difficult customers and/or calls
requiring in depth knowledge of the organization's
- Responsible for defining and driving comprehensive strategy and
implementation plans regarding IT and Vendor Systems and their
interactions with the NOC Infrastructure support tools and
- Effectively communicates changes to team and continually
strives to improve employee engagement.
- Responds to inquires; investigates and resolves problems; and
interfaces with key customers and internal stakeholders.
- Work cross-functionally to solve problems.
- Coordinates, evaluates work activities to achieve expected
operational objectives and conduct performance management of
- Actively supports, participates and contributes toward the
achievement of targeted customer, team and individual
- Celebrates successes utilizing appropriate reward and
recognition. Motivates team to continual improvement and
achievement of maximum performance.
- Identifies opportunities for synergies and implements.
- Communicates and models the CenturyLink Unifying
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Bachelor's degree in Telecommunications, Engineering or a
related field or the equivalent in training and experience.
- 6+ years of related experience with communications networks.
Minimum of 3+ years of management experience over large
geographically diverse teams and proven leadership abilities.
- Ability to act with a sense of urgency and consistently
demonstrate leadership and a high level of engagement with
supervisors and team members.
- Awareness of and ability to appropriately communicate and
manage escalations relative to core network jeopardy situations,
outages, and impacts to customer service. Strong communication
skills - oral, written, and presentation skills required
- Strong people management skills. Effectiveness in providing
feedback in a timely manner, and must possess strong communication,
coaching, development, mentoring, and performance management
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to track and analyze results,
including network operations, productivity, and financial
- Ability to articulate issues that arise from core network
implementation, design, repair, surveillance, and performance
management to the appropriate groups to secure resolution. This
includes internal organizations, vendors/suppliers, Public Policy /
Regulatory and Executive Leadership.
- Strong communication skills - oral, written, and presentation
skills required. Ability to communicate courteously and
professionally with customers, outside contacts including vendors
and other employees, including various levels of staff and
- Ability to perform under emergency conditions manages competing
tasks simultaneously, possibly with frequent interruptions.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to travel and work weekends, nights and after hours
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Colorado-Littleton;
Requisition #: 223654
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment.
A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do
not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions,
including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits,
discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: CenturyLink, Broomfield , Mgr NOC, Other , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!