Lead Data Scientist
Posted on: March 26, 2020
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications
provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more
than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience,
CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by
solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure
connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted
partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity
and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that
help protect their business.
The Data Scientist is responsible for developing tools to collect,
clean, analyze and manage the data used by strategic areas of the
business. Employ techniques and theories drawn from mathematics,
statistics, from the subdomains of machine learning,
classification, cluster analysis, and data mining.Job
- Clearly communicate methods and conclusions with simple
language and innovative visualizations to management and
- Work effectively on a team as well as a self-driven individual
to do research and develop cutting edge and effective solutions for
- Provide expertise in analyzing and visualizing large, complex,
and unique data sets.
- Create new insights that will drive business growth and
profitability in the short and long term.
- Deploy analytics code with a continuous integration environment
incorporating version control, build servers, and test
- Design and implement programs and automation to collect, mash
up, process and analyze distributed real-world data.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand complex
business problems, build statistical models, and create predictive
- Management of analytical projects and assistance in program
planning as well as the acquisition, retention and development of
data science talent
- 8+ years related experience.
- Degree(s) in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Economics,
Operations Research, Statistics or related discipline
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases.
- Strong experience with tools for managing, analyzing, and
visualizing large datasets.
- Programming experience with two or more of R, Python, Lisp,
Clojure, Scala, Java, Perl, Mathematica and C++.
- Past success in extracurricular math/science activities or
competitions is highly regarded.
- Creativity and persistence in locating, extracting and
analyzing all relevant data.
- Problem solving versatility: making the best decisions possible
given the data quality and time available.
- Strong analytical thinking and ability to quickly pick up new
methods, tools and programming languages.
- Expertise w/ GIT, agile project management tools (Trello, JIRA,
Rally, etc), documentation/markup expertise (Markdown, etc)
- Strong verbal, written and visualization communication skills
relaying data science findings, problems, etc to business
- Good working knowledge of PL/T-SQL
- Expertise w/ econometric and machine learning methods for
- Prior expertise w/ price elasticity of demand modeling and
mathematical optimization methods
- Culture of curiosity and perseverance in the face of messy data
and complex business, information systems landscape
- Significant experience with the SDLC, in particular as applied
to automation of data science pipelines and development of analytic
- Prior experience coaching junior technical team members
- Strong background with planning and management of data science
projects as well as leading engagement of stakeholders and
communication with non-technical SMEs and partners.
- Experience with the wireline telecommunications industry,
notably common product technologies and marketing thereof
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield
Requisition #: 216891
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment.
A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do
not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions,
including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits,
discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: CenturyLink, Broomfield , Lead Data Scientist, Other , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!