Network Engineer II - Core & Backbone Service Center
Posted on: February 15, 2020
Charter is proud to have a network that provides service to
millions of users across the country. The Network Engineering team
is responsible for the implementation of approved network
architecture and designs. Under limited supervision, the NE II
assists in the planning, forecasting, implementation and
identification of resource requirements for network systems of
varying (moderate to high) complexity. As a member of the team, you
will develop and implement network enhancements while following
corporate standards. You will be sought after for recommendations
for improvement and assists in staff development efforts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the implementation of approved network
architecture and designs
- Hands on involvement in network planning, network architecture
design and engineering.
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware,
software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into
complete network configurations.
- Evaluates new products, performs network problem
- Assists in the development and documentation of technical
standards and implements approved methods of procedure.
- Contributes in designing corporate standards and develops
- Works on projects/systems/issues of varying complexity
surrounding network planning, configuration and optimization.
- Provides tier support across organizations.
- Leading project teams that maintain and improve network
- Acts as a mentor to junior staff.
- Knows, understands and follows company policy.
- Proactively and consistently support all efforts to simplify
and enhance the customer experience.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal
regulations, as applicable.BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering,
or related field, and / or related work experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of network engineering
- Minimum two (2) years experience with Cisco and/or Juniper
- Minimum two (2) years of data network experience
- Must be able to work the following shift: Wednesday - Saturday
1PM-11PMADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to use ticketing and software tools to support the
- Knowledge of basic network devices, basic network appliances
and network designing software; such as Visio
- Intermediate knowledge of related industry specifications and
standards IEEE, ANSI, Physical Media (Multimode Fiber, Singlemode
Fiber, UTP, etc.), bridging, switching, routing, ethernet and
transport technologies and protocols
- Basic knowledge in network design, network architecture,
protocols and network topology
- Knowledge in TCP/IP and the OSI Model
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft OfficePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP or CCIP)
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training
(Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc)
- Knowledge of company products and services
Keywords: Spectrum, Broomfield , Network Engineer II - Core & Backbone Service Center, Other , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!