Network Engineer II - Core & Backbone Support Center
Posted on: February 15, 2020
Charter is proud to have a network that provides service to
millions of users across the country. The Network Engineering team
is responsible for the implementation of approved network
architecture and designs. Under limited supervision, the NE II
assists in the planning, forecasting, implementation and
identification of resource requirements for network systems of
varying (moderate to high) complexity. As a member of the team, you
will develop and implement network enhancements while following
corporate standards. You will be sought after for recommendations
for improvement and assists in staff development efforts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the implementation of approved network
architecture and designs
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware,
software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into
complete network configurations.
- Evaluates new products, performs network problem
- Assists in the development and documentation of technical
standards and implements approved methods of procedure.
- Contributes in designing corporate standards and develops
- Works on projects/systems/issues of varying complexity
surrounding network planning, configuration and optimization.
- Hands on involvement in network planning, network architecture
design and engineering.
- Provides tier support across organizations.
- Leading project teams that maintain and improve network
- Acts as a mentor to junior staff
- Knows, understands and follows company policy.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal
regulations, as applicable.
- Proactively and consistently support all efforts to simplify
and enhance the customer experience.
- Must be able to work the following schedule: Saturday thru
Wednesday - 10:00PM to 8:00AMBASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering,
or related field and / or equivalent work experience
- Minimum three (3) years of network engineering experience.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience with Cisco and/or
- Minimum two (2) years of Data network experience.ADDITIONAL JOB
- Intermediate knowledge of related industry specifications and
standards IEEE, ANSI, Physical Media (Multimode Fiber, Singlemode
Fiber, UTP, etc.), bridging, switching, routing, ethernet and
transport technologies and protocols
- Experience with network design, network architecture, protocols
and network topology
- Efficient knowledge in TCP/IP and the OSI Model
- Intermediate knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to
support the current operations
- Basic network devices and basic network appliances
- Experience with network designing software, such as Visio
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and
ability to learn new technology quicklyPREFERRED
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP or CCIP)
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training
(Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc.)
- Knowledge of industry products and services
Keywords: Spectrum, Broomfield , Network Engineer II - Core & Backbone Support Center, Other , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!