Lead of Technology and Process Innovation
Company: Floyd's 99 Barbershop
Posted on: November 17, 2019
LEAD OF TECHNOLOGY & PROCESS INNOVATION
DESCRIPTIONFloyd's is looking for a technology leader to focus on
growing the business through technology and process. This role will
provide oversight to those IT resources focused on growth ensure
the proper best practices, processes, and policies are in place and
adhered to. Their focus will be on creating a portfolio management
process in which IT requests and intakes will be prioritized,
sequenced and executed against business and organizational
strategy. They will serve as a Program and Product Manager to help
drive new system implementations forward and will steward the
enterprise architecture for the company. This role must be
strategic in that they can connect to the vision, work with cross
functional stakeholders to elicit their needs and then break down
the needs of the organization in a technical architecture. They
will be responsible for the health and growth of all NEW enterprise
systems including software, hardware and
- Provide mentorship, coaching, and direction to direct
- Serve as a point of escalation for service, development and
support issues for new system implementations.
- Manages the performance of direct reports by developing
accountabilities, establishing performance objectives, providing
career counseling, feedback and guidance and ensuring all
processes/policies are understood and adhered to.
- Serve as a liaison to cross-departmental stakeholders to
understand their business needs, how IT can support them, and
partner for issue resolution and driving innovation.
- Manage up and ensure proper topics are being escalated in a
timely and consistent manner.
- Be responsible for managing all NEW IT vendor relationships,
- Software and enterprise system applications for new system
- Create and manage roadmaps with technology partners that
integrate with the Floyd's innovation roadmap,
- Proactively bring forward, manage and prioritize the backlog of
new system needs and large enhancements in conjunction with the
needs of Floyd's.
- Manage and negotiate contracts with IT partners.
- Develop and enforce service level agreements.
- Serve as a point of contact and escalation for all IT vendors/
- Conduct frequent and consistent calls with IT partners to
discuss roadmaps, issues, and progress.
- Responsible for the implementation of the innovation roadmap,
enterprise level systems, and how they come together to deliver on
an elevated client experience.
- Drive and fulfill the innovation roadmap, enabling cross
functional synergies across departments, systems, and vendors.
- Need to technically understand and design how system integrate
from the front-end to the middle tier to the backend to deliver the
right data and functionality, to the right people, at the right
- Identify and recommend new technology solutions that can be
implemented to solve business problems or capitalize on
Program/ Project Management
- Oversee and manage the implementation of new systems in
alignment with organizational goals.
- Leads the program planning effort, including the overall
implementation strategy, scope of deliverables and delivery dates,
definition of major program/project milestones, and
- Ensures alignment with strategy, operational objectives, policy
and standards - identify and leverage synergies to other
- Stays abreast of delivery practices, methodologies, industry
tools and best practices. Drives continual improvement to delivery
- Drives RFP and contract creation. Ensures contracts have sound
terms pricing, managed financial exposure, measurable
- Achieves on-time, on-budget project goals, as well as business
and financial goals.
- Oversees delivery practices. Creates project plans, estimates,
risk plans and forecasts. Ensures the successful completion of
project deliverables & milestones in a critical/complex
- Fosters strong relationships with project constituents and
cross functional stakeholders throughout the software development
lifecycle. Manages stakeholder expectations, and drives resolution
of stakeholder concerns. Ensures stakeholder satisfaction with
project execution and outcomes.
- Define and maintain metrics to demonstrate success.
- Develop a framework for IT requests and intakes.
- Meet with customer groups to gain understanding of upcoming
projects and business needs.
- Efficiently review demand, coordinate, prioritize and schedule
activities and requests
- Help prioritize intakes and manage expectations with
- Prioritize requests and demands based on resource capacity and
- Communicate status of requests in a timely and proactive
manner. Resource Management
- Understand the demands on the IT resources and help them
prioritize their work.
- Sequence work based on priority and estimate completion dates
based on capacity and velocity.
Business Process Optimization
- Lead efforts to improve IT processes.
- Continually evaluating and improving processes and procedures
to maximize efficiencies.
Software Development Lifecycle
- This position requires a solid understanding of Agile delivery
methodologies and design-thinking framework including:
- Daily stand-ups
- Backlog grooming
- Sprint planning
- Sprint demos
- Sprint Retrospectives
- Low-fidelity prototyping and testing
- Rapid iterations and testing
- Create testing and automation strategies and approaches in
alignment with overall organizational goals
- Define, develop and implement a quality assurance and
management framework for all enterprise systems.
- Lead testing efforts for all enterprise new system
- Ensure testing processes, standards and procedures are adhered
to for all enterprise systems.
- Manage backlog of defects and status across enterprise
- Implementing and managing release processes for coding
activities and promotion through development, test, and production
- Schedule, coordinate and manage releases across all enterprise
systems including new system implementations, application updates,
operation system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades,
- Establish and enforce sound application release practices,
including formal release calendar.
- Ensure release processes are adhered to through development,
test, and production environments.
- Develop and enforce formal defect reporting and triage
- Oversees and coordinates integration testing for various
- Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the
execution of the deployment plans and checklists.
- As releases are pushed out, ensure alignment and communication
with cross-functional stakeholders to ensure the proper
understanding, training and support with each release.
- Monitors the progress of the release and communicates on a
regular basis to the stakeholders, executive leadership and overall
release participants from within and outside the company.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience focused on technology
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in
Business Management, IT or a related discipline degree
- Ability to interact with cross-functional stakeholders at
leadership levels on business and high level technical matters-
proven ability to work collaboratively.
- Experience in managing, leading, and coaching individuals and
- Pragmatic leader with balanced focus between technology,
people, and business
- Prior knowledge and experience in human-centered design, agile
software development practices, implementation of custom
development software and integration with SAAS systems.
- Demonstrated ability with managing multiple IT projects at
rapidly growing companies
- Ability to demonstrate strong linear-troubleshooting skills in
enterprise level environments.
- Ability and desire to train and mentor other team members.
- Understand and clearly communicate the business impact of IT
- Experience managing project efforts using standard project
management methodologies and tools.
- Experience in formal IT Governance.
- Experience in controlling information technology budget.
- Requires excellent communication skills with an effective and
approachable style that engages others and builds credibility with
all audience levels no matter what their experience, background and
- Self-motivator, independent, cooperative, flexible,
Keywords: Floyd's 99 Barbershop, Broomfield , Lead of Technology and Process Innovation, IT / Software / Systems , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!