Senior Software Engineer - Nexia Home
Company: Ingersoll Rand
Posted on: October 13, 2019
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around
the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable,
sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family
of brands-including Club Car--, Ingersoll Rand--, Thermo King--,
Trane--, American Standard-- Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO-- -
work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes
and buildings, transport and protect food and perishables, and
increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global
business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring
results. For more information, visit
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an
equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse
workforce, including individuals with disabilities and United
States qualified protected veterans.
At Nexia we are passionate about making the Internet of Things a
reality. We are a leader in home automation, and committed to
delighting our customers with the ability to stay connected
wherever they go. For more information, visit
This position is for a bright, energetic, Senior Software Engineer
with experience in architecting and implementing full-stack
solutions at scale. You will be responsible for implementing
improvements in our customer-facing IoT applications and helping
shape the future direction of our products with a focus on web
based and mobile applications. You will be part of a focused,
energetic team working making IoT happen for hundreds of thousands
- Architect, design, develop, and test web, mobile, and API
driven services in an Agile environment.
- Collaborate effectively with team members, including pair
- Actively communicate with test team and marketing teams.
- Constantly update technical knowledge and skills and share with
- Evangelize new technical approaches to solving problems and
utilize tact and creativity to gain buy-in from team members and
- 5+ years web software development experience
- Strong background with unit/acceptance testing, and
- Problem solving, task prioritization, excellent communication,
administration and organization skills.
- Experience with automated load testing and verification
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with Linux/Unix and shell environments.
- Able and willing to quickly learn new technologies and master
- Demonstrated background in architecting solutions and
championing design standards.
- Committed to solving customer problems and adding value to
customers as a priority.
- Experience developing Ruby on Rails based client/server or
distributed software solutions.
(not required... what you will learn if you don't already know
- AWS native services and environmental configuration.
- Message-based architectures and messaging systems such as
- Background job processing (Sidekiq, Resque, Cron)
- Java and/or Go.
- Z-Wave wireless communications.
- Native iPhone and/or Android mobile platform development.
- SQL and NoSQL database optimization.
- SCSS, HAML and front-end development.
- Docker - creating, managing, deployment.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal
and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns
with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you
live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and
diverse culture that engages as well as values the different
backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs
innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer
If you share our passion for inspiring progress - for bringing
about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate -
then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Keywords: Ingersoll Rand, Broomfield , Senior Software Engineer - Nexia Home, IT / Software / Systems , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!