Member of Technical Staff, Current Product Engineering
Posted on: August 12, 2019
Tintri exists to battle the 'storage quo'.Over the past decade,
virtualization and cloud have totally altered the data center.
Storage is the exception. Conventional storage providers have
retrofitted their solutions for this new world-and they're not
At Tintri, we challenge convention. That translates into
differentiated technology that customers (including 8 of the
Fortune 15) adore-our Customer Satisfaction score is > 90%. We
attract people who revel in seeing old problems in new ways, and
who take pride in their work. People like you.
Tintri is looking for a talented software engineer to join our
Tintri Analytics team. This position is based in our new
Broomfield, Colorado office coming on line in Q4 of this year.
We are looking for a software engineer with excellent analytical
and debugging experience in a Linux environment to help the
technical support team to resolve technically challenging customer
issues. This role requiring the ability to dive into our source
code and configuration files for troubleshooting, root cause
analysis, maintenance, and qualification engineering work for
Responsibilities and Skills
- Development in C, C++, Bash, and Python on Linux platform for
- Development in Java, Golang is desirable
- Code analysis & debugging to help Level 3 engineering support
in resolving customer cases.
- Work closely with SW and HW engineering teams on problem
reproduction, root cause analysis, and resolution.
- Write scripts and tools to assist in problem reproduction
- Understand customer requirements and work towards enhancing the
product quality by improving reliability, serviceability &
- Analyzing hardware/equipment issues and troubleshooting
- Isolate and resolve defects based on the issues encountered in
the field and apply the knowledge towards improving the current &
- Provide on-call assistance as needed.
- Design, develop, and unit test firmware features for the SFA
- Design, develop, and execute unit tests.
- Triage, diagnose, and troubleshoot HW and platform SW problems
for storage appliance products.
- Understand Linux security features and monitor public Linux
security disclosures. Analyze and fix issues that impact our
- 6+ or more years industry experience in software development
for maintaining and supporting Linux-based storage appliances
and/or production systems.
- Expert in Linux environment including general administration
and support, Linux kernel, C/C++ and scripting languages (bash,
python), networking, and SAN/NAS servers.
- Strong Java coder.
- Strong debugger of complex systems.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills especially with
complex HW/SW interaction problems.
- Deep & a strong understanding of operating system architecture
& principles, as well as storage/server HW architecture.
- Knowledge of cloud storage, cloud computing, data center
operations is desirable.
- Excellent analytical & debugging skills.
- Thrives and enjoys working in a high-paced, fast-changing
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on
the basis of disability.
Keywords: Tintri, Broomfield , Member of Technical Staff, Current Product Engineering, IT / Software / Systems , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!