Senior Windows Systems Administrator
Company: Ball Aerospace
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI CI Polygraph
security clearance is required. Powered by endlessly curious people
with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers
discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation
and protect what matters most. We create innovative space
solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful
observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and
intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward
bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit--Ball
Aerospace Career Site --or connect with us on LinkedIn , Facebook ,
Twitter --or Instagram . The Operations Strategic Support Unit
plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program
execution - from technologies and investments to supply chain,
manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and
information technology services. Senior Windows Systems
Administrator Performs technical tasks needed to setup and
regularly maintain servers and enterprise computing systems. The
tasks include technical planning (cost, capacity, logistics),
preparing for service changes, implementing new technologies,
documenting system configurations, performing preventative
maintenance, troubleshooting, root cause analysis, system account
changes and monitoring application services. What You'll Do:
- Manage growing and robust VDI environment using VMware Horizon,
DEM/UEM, and AppVolumes.
- Plan and administer storage and backup solutions with Nimble,
Brocade/Broadcom, Dell EMC Isilon, Veeam, and Dell EMC Data Domain
(or similar technologies).
- Plan and administer the IT infrastructure to meet ever-changing
business requirements and improve the efficiency and effectiveness
of the services.
- Research and provide recommendations for computing
- Participate in developing and documenting the policies and
procedures for consistent infrastructure management, methodologies,
- Administer the strategy for the operations and support of the
IT infrastructure (computers, networks, local equipment).
- Coordinate physical environment usage and planning across
geographies (data centers, labs, remote offices).
- Administer lab environments and IT facilities.
- Capacity management of systems and services.
- Provide input into how costs are measured, tracked, and
- Detailed design of hardware and software infrastructure to meet
architecture, project development and QOS requirements.
- Administer server hardware and OS build standards including
server builds, server images, hardening, and software (applications
& tools) installations.
- Enforce security policies for protecting data and shared
network resources including files, folders and printers.
- Set and review the configuration of security access
- Document and configure systems.
- Regular preventative maintenance (daily, weekly, monthly)
- Troubleshooting and triage of complex problems to avoid
extended costly down time and service outages.
- Root cause analysis utilizing analytical problem solving to
provide long term problem resolution.
- Administer the account and system setup controls.
- Administer the information technology continuity and
- Administer the messaging, database, and telecommunications
- Create key performance indicators and metrics reports.
- Administer the directory service operations.
- Administer the capacity of systems and services.
- Provide cost and chargeback reporting to management and
customers based on established costing and charging policies.
- Administer the intranet and extranet hosting service
- Create and manage user accounts and permissions.
- Monitor availability of infrastructure services.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within
the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support
Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order
to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary. What You'll Need:
- Related Bachelor's and 8 or more years of related experience;
or HS Diploma and 14 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Associate's, Bachelor's Degree,
Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for additional years of
- Related certifications may count towards years of related
- Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of
education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school
which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of
Education, US Department of Education. Working Conditions:
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other
possible non-Ball locations may be required. #LI-LO1 Verification
that your current security clearance or government customer access
meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $105,500 - $145,500 (Salary to be
determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and
abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with
market data.) US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED Ball Aerospace is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or
Keywords: Ball Aerospace, Broomfield , Senior Windows Systems Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!