Senior Software Engineer
Posted on: April 5, 2021
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what
they're doing! We're committed to bringing passion and customer
focus to the business. Proofpoint is a leader in the world of
detecting and preventing email-based fraud. We have built a
cutting-edge platform for collecting, processing and analyzing a
massive amount of email data. The insight we provide helps our
client base build a robust email infrastructure as well as informs
clients of malicious use of their brand. We are looking for a Sr.
Software Engineer to expand upon our real-time data pipeline and
increase the capabilities of our product. This role will be
responsible for designing and implementing systems that process
large volumes of email threat data on Proofpoint's cloud
- Develop scalable and reliable systems capable of processing
terabytes of email data per hour
- Identify and leverage new technology to make systems more
- Develop metrics, investigate data, and identify trends to make
- Prototype, evaluate, and iterate on software solutions to hard
- Participate in the product development process to ensure the
best solution is brought to market
- Work in a collaborative team-first environment What you bring
to the team
- Must have at least 7+ experience developing software in a
high-uptime customer-focused environment.
- Must have a Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited
school in an engineering related field.
- Must have proficient software development skills in a data
- Experience with Go strongly preferred.
- Experience with Java, C#, C++, or C will be considered, but you
will be expected to learn Go. We are replacing Java, and do not
develop in C#, C++, or C.
- Experience working with both structured and unstructured data
sets highly desirable.
- Must have significant experience working with relational
database systems (Postgres/RedShift preferred.)
- Must have experience with SQL (DML and DDL)
- Familiarity working with hierarchical data formats desired
- Familiarity with AWS desired, especially:
- Experience with deploying infrastructure in an AWS cloud
- Experience with code deployment and infrastructure provisioning
tools (Jenkins/Helm/Terraform) helpful.
- Interest or experience with containers and orchestration.
Docker or Kubernetes experience highly valued.
- Knowledge, experience, or interest in how the internet works
(email/SMTP/DNS in particular) valued.
- Desire, motivation, and tenacity to solve interesting and
challenging problems with software highly valued.
- Interest in Cybersecurity very helpful. #LI-EC1 If you like
wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers,
you'll enjoy your career with us! At Proofpoint, we have a passion
for protecting people, data, and brands from today's advanced
threats and compliance risks. We hire the best people in the
- Build and enhance our proven security platform
- Blend innovation and speed in a constantly evolving cloud
- Analyze new threats and offer deep insight through data-driven
- Collaborate with customers to help solve their toughest
-- We are singularly devoted to helping our customers protect what
matters most. That's why we're a leader in next-generation
cybersecurity-and why more than half of the Fortune 100 trust us as
a security partner. Proofpoint is an equal opportunity employer, we
hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color,
national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status,
veteran status or disability.
Keywords: Proofpoint, Broomfield , Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!