Sr. IT Project Manager
Company: Elevations Credit Union
Posted on: April 4, 2021
When joining Elevations, you can expect to work for a company
- Has been in business serving the local community since
- Is a two-time Malcolm Baldridge National Quality Award winner,
the only presidential award for performance excellence.
- Has been voted as the "Best Bank" by our members and community
and "Best Companies to Work for in Colorado" by our employees.
- Promotes a safe and inclusive environment where people express
themselves openly and have opportunities to grow.
- Recognizes and rewards people who make every person feel
welcomed, valued, respected and heard.
- Has a highly-engaged workforce committed to innovation,
continuous improvement, and collaboration.
- Understands when our employees thrive, our members and
community thrive too.
- Is dedicated to consistently providing amazing experiences and
creating raving fans. What's in it for you:
- A leadership team that strives to make this the best place
you've ever worked!
- Ample opportunity to learn, develop and grow. We offer access
to LinkedIn Learning, career and leadership development programs,
job shadowing, a mentor program, and tuition reimbursement.
- A highly-competitive total rewards package with 4 weeks paid
time off, work anniversary paid time off, and 11 paid
- Support in giving back to our community with 16 hours of paid
volunteer time off.
- A wellness-focused environment that encourages and empowers you
to invest in your work-life balance, health and wellbeing.
- A strong Employee Assistance Program, offering a variety of
personal and professional resources.
- A high-performance culture where you can be proud of your
contributions and what we are able to achieve as a team.
- A place where your voice can be heard and your work will have
an impact. Summary/Objective: The Senior IT Project Manager works
with project stakeholders to define project scope, deliverables,
budget, resource plans and timelines to manage IT projects from
inception to completion.--This individual is responsible for
identifying critical path items and reporting status at any given
time during the project and at regular intervals. The Senior IT
Project Manager is expected to use a disciplined project management
and Agile methodology utilizing tools, processes, reporting
dashboards and best practices to communicate internally and
externally, monitor and control projects, and provide continuous
improvement of our existing processes and procedures.-- The Senior
Project Manager provides direction and coaching to delivery team
members to improve project management processes at Elevations CU
and to ensure projects are delivered on time and meet or exceed
leadership expectations. Essential Functions include:
- Serve as primary contact and trusted advisor for IT leaders in
managing and delivering projects on-time and on-budget.
- Responsible for the successful estimation, planning, execution,
and implementation of IT projects and programs including
identification and management of deliverables, dependencies, risks,
financials, and timeline with stakeholders and third-party
- Meet with business line leaders, IT stakeholders, development
teams, analysts, and vendors to clearly define business needs and
translate them to system capabilities required for
- Participate in the EPMO project pipeline review and intake
processes; includes providing input during the ideation, business
case development, and user story phases of IT estimation.
- Identify project stakeholders, both internal and external, and
communicate status. Customize communication approach based on
technical level of project stakeholders as necessary.
- Define needed team structure, skills, and technical
requirements for all project members.
- Support resource and capacity management to ensure effective
resource utilization across teams.
- Responsible for developing and providing relevant metrics to
help the delivery team see how they are doing and report team
progress as part of the organizational project portfolio.
- Manage subcontractors and third-party vendors according to
defined scope and statement of work.
- Prioritize tasks and effectively manage day-to-day issues and
priorities. Document, identify, and communicate risks and risk
mitigation strategies to all internal and external stakeholders.
Manage and update overall project plan and financials
- Conduct retrospectives with teams after each sprint and provide
debriefs to key stakeholders after each implementation to
incorporate lessons learned and feedback to improve processes.
- Train, mentor, and coach others in project management including
waterfall and Agile/scrum tools and techniques. Reports to:
Enterprise Project Delivery Manager Manages: Role does not have
supervisory responsibility Driving for Results, Initiating Action,
Planning and Organizing, Work Standards, Technology Savvy, Customer
Focus, Influencing, Mentoring Required Education and Experience:
- 10+ years of IT project management experience, managing
multiple large-scale IT projects, preferably in a financial
services or similar environment.
- Experience planning and executing IT Projects through the full
software development lifecycle.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the
ability to communicate complex issues to varying audiences and
- Advanced MS Project, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Demonstrated experience running IT projects using a variety of
methodologies, i.e. waterfall, Kanban, scrum, agile, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative
- Self-starter able to coach and mentor other Project Managers
junior to themselves. Preferred Education and Experience:
- PMP or Agile Certified Practitioner certification
- Scrum Master certification or experience managing projects
using Agile methodologies
- Experience working with project management systems (ex. Jira,
ServiceNow, Smartsheet, etc.)
- Experience working in a Credit Union environment using
primarily Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) solutions. Elevations
uses multi-factor authentication to keep our data safe. As such, a
personal smart phone is a requirement for employment with us. This
job operates in an office setting and routinely uses standard
office equipment. Physical Requirements: Sitting frequently,
walking occasionally, use of hands frequently, hearing constantly,
talking frequently, exerting up to 10 lbs of force occasionally to
lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects. Position Type/Expected
Hours of Work: Full Time / 40 hours per week Classification: Exempt
Location: Elevations Support Center Compensation: The minimum point
of the budgeted range is $91,040 + annual bonus. The starting
salary for the individual in this position will be adjusted for
his, her, or their experience.-- Other Duties: Please note this job
description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive
listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required
of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and
activities may change at any time with or without notice.-- About
Us: Elevations Credit Union is a member-owned not-for-profit
financial institution serving Colorado's Front Range. Founded in
1953, we've grown from 12 members and less than $100 in assets to
an institution with 13 branches and more than 120,000 members that
manages over $2 billion in assets and is the No. 1 credit union
mortgage lender in Colorado. At Elevations, we've made a commitment
to move away from a product-centered business model and focus
instead on creating consumer solutions. Our objective is to provide
our members, as well as the entire community, with unbiased
consumer information. EEO Statement: Elevations Credit Union is an
equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin,
ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical---------
condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or ---expression, veteran status, or
any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. All
aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote,
discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence,
performance, and business needs. Candidates for certain positions
may be required to submit to a credit history report in determining
qualification for employment with Elevations Credit Union. If the
position you are applying for requires a credit history report, any
information received in such a report will not be the sole factor
in making an employment decision. A history of personal financial
irresponsibility may be reason for disqualification insofar as it
relates to your potential job duties. Elevations Credit Union is
aware that occasionally there are extenuating circumstances that
may affect an individual's credit history. We comply with the Fair
Credit Reporting Act and the Colorado Employment Opportunity
Keywords: Elevations Credit Union, Broomfield , Sr. IT Project Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!