Senior Business Intelligence Developer - Azure (3608)
Company: Elevations Credit Union
Posted on: April 4, 2021
When joining Elevations, you can expect to work for a company
- Provides amazing experiences and creates raving fans.
- Strives to provide solutions for a better life and promises
employees it will be the best place they have ever worked.
- Wins awards such as "Best Bank", "Best Companies to Work for in
Colorado" and even the "Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award",
the only Presidential award for quality.
- Has a highly-engaged workforce and emphasizes career growth,
empowerment and servant leadership. What's in it for you:
- Competitive pay, incentive programs, 401k matching, mortgage
and auto discounts
- 4 weeks min. paid time off, work anniversary paid time off, 11
paid holidays, and 16hrs paid volunteer time off
- Medical, dental, and vision health plans with FSA or HSA
- Onsite fitness center, yoga classes, wellness committee events
(hiking, softball, soccer,.. to name a few!), health fairs with
biometrics screening and flu shots
- Onsite cafe
- Employee Assistance Program with a variety of services
- Career development, trainings, career coaching, job shadowing,
mentoring program, tuition reimbursement up to $5,000/year, and a
- Culture of excellence and continuous improvement
- We strive to be the best place you've ever worked!--
Summary/Objective: Plans, designs, and develops Business
Intelligence (BI) and Data Warehouse solutions in Azure that
enhance analytics and reporting capabilities as Elevations
continues its migration to the cloud. Translates requirements into
solutions; creates, maintains and supports BI solutions and
reporting structures. Works throughout project lifecycle, from
scoping to final delivery, to ensure that solutions are properly
scoped, designed, implemented, and tested to meet business needs.
Improves business effectiveness leveraging information across the
enterprise. Creates and maintains (full software development
lifecycle) BI solutions in a learning organization that values
process improvement. This individual will be a key contributor in
Elevation's migration to the Azure cloud. This person must have a
strong understanding of moving from traditional MS tools to
advanced capabilities in Azure. Elevations is looking for this
candidate to function as a thought leader to bring visionary
experience in business intelligence in Azure to streamline our
migration to the cloud and assist in the development of our new
data warehouse. Essential Functions include:
- Designs, develops, and maintains enterprise data warehouse;
integrates BI solutions within enterprise data warehouse.
- Follows best practices in data modeling and source-to-target
- Internal subject matter expert on IT solutions; develops,
designs, and maintains enterprise data warehouse
- Provides superior customer service while managing relationships
with end users, business leaders, and others to ensure service
delivery exceeds expectations.
- Follows best practices and guidelines to support best-of-breed
dashboards, metrics, scorecards, and reporting solutions providing
a high level of customer service to internal clients with an
emphasis on partnership and collaboration. Implements and supports
data warehouse architecture.
- Utilizes sound development life cycle practices, adheres to
established processes, and documents delivery of application
solutions (including business analysis, design, testing,
implementation, support, and decommissioning). Performs changes
according to process, teamwork, and best practices for IT Change
Management. Documents change, facilitates architecture review,
plans and schedules change, coordinates with stakeholders, conducts
testing, ensures training needs are addressed, and plans for
roll-back in the event that roll-back is needed.
- Performs planned maintenance (e.g., application upgrades,
releases, enhancements, service packs, etc.) on BI solutions and
- Supports BI solutions; performs triage on incidents,
troubleshoots issues, and resolves incidents while communicating
- Ensures that adequate security procedures are developed and
followed, to protect Elevations from potential loss and ensures the
confidentiality of the information is maintained by the
- Contributes technical knowledge and understanding of
applications to training programs, support processes, and operating
- Technical Leadership - Provides a degree of technical
leadership; innovates and improves standard operating
- Delivery - Able to execute multiple complex projects within
required timelines and expectations.
- Analysis - Demonstrated conceptual thinking and analytical
- Security - Ensures that security is maintained and not
compromised (to include attacks, unauthorized access, and
confidentiality of data).
- IT Knowledge - Stays current with emerging technology
- Supervision - Provides a degree of technical leadership;
innovates and improves standard operating procedures.
- On-Call Support - Requires after-hours on-call support on a
rotating basis. Reports to: VP, Application Engineering Manages: No
supervisory responsibility Planning and Organizing, Decision
Making, Building Partnerships, Influencing, Initiating Action,
Quality Orientation, Work Standards, Innovation, Continuous
Learning Required Education and Experience:
- 4 year college degree or equivalent work experience; B.S.,
Computer Science or equivalent
- 3 or more years of related experience.
- Expertise with database and data warehouse designs, data
modeling, data performance tuning, data integration.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Azure DevOps and its different
components including Repos and Pipelines a plus.
- Strong knowledge and deep understanding of cloud computing and
Microsoft Azure services like Azure SQL DW, Azure SQL DB Azure Data
Factory, Azure Data Lake Storage, Azure Synapse Analytics, and
- Expertise with T-SQL - queries, stored procedures, functions,
- Expertise in development and maintenance of SQL Server
Integration Services code for ETL and ELT.
- Knowledge and applied documentation experience with a variety
of industry concepts, methodologies, and frameworks within data
warehouse and business intelligence field including requirements,
architecture, and design documentation.
- Knowledge and experience working in Agile software development
and concepts of ITIL practices.
- Prefer familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server Reporting
Services, including the ability to design, develop, and integrate
data sources to support reports using SQL Server or Analysis
Services data sources
- Prefer familiarity with multi-dimensional databases with the
ability to create calculated members and key performance indicators
- Prefer familiar with Data Quality, Metadata Management, and
Master Data Management concepts and practices.
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in
addition to normal courtesy and tact. Scope of work will include
access to sensitive data and financial perspectives requiring
extreme confidentiality. Communication may involve motivating or
influencing organizational leaders.
- Prefer general application development experience in addition
to BI development
- Demonstrated ability to learn new tools and technologies as
required. This job operates in an office setting and routinely uses
standard office equipment Physical Requirements:
Sitting frequently, walking occasionally, use of hands frequently,
hearing constantly, talking frequently, exerting up to 10 lbs of
force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: Regular, Full-time, Normal
business hours Classification: Exempt Location: Broomfield
Compensation: The minimum point of the budgeted range is $82,800 +
annual bonus. The starting salary for the individual in this
position will be adjusted for his, her, or their experience.--
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to
cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice. About Us: Elevations Credit Union is a
member-owned not-for-profit financial institution serving
Colorado's Front Range. Founded in 1953, we've grown from 12
members and less than $100 in assets to an institution with 13
branches and more than 120,000 members that manages over $2 billion
in assets and is the No. 1 credit union mortgage lender in
Colorado. At Elevations, we've made a commitment to move away from
a product-centered business model and focus instead on creating
consumer solutions. Our objective is to provide our members, as
well as the entire community, with unbiased consumer information.
EEO Statement: Elevations Credit Union is an equal opportunity
employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical
or mental disability, medical--------- condition, pregnancy,
genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
---expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under
federal, state, or local law. All aspects of employment including
the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be
based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
Candidates for certain positions may be required to submit to a
credit history report in determining qualification for employment
with Elevations Credit Union. If the position you are applying for
requires a credit history report, any information received in such
a report will not be the sole factor in making an employment
decision. A history of personal financial irresponsibility may be
reason for disqualification insofar as it relates to your potential
job duties. Elevations Credit Union is aware that occasionally
there are extenuating circumstances that may affect an individual's
credit history. We comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and
the Colorado Employment Opportunity Act.
Keywords: Elevations Credit Union, Broomfield , Senior Business Intelligence Developer - Azure (3608), IT / Software / Systems , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!