Engineer Senior - Cloud Python Microservices
Company: Ball Aerospace
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Company: Ball Aerospace Location: Broomfield, CO, US, 80020
Date: Jan 27, 2021 Job Category: Engineering/ Technical Req. ID:
5723 Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security
clearance is required. Powered by endlessly curious people with an
unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that
enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what
matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more
accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our
planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those
who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.
For more information, visit--Ball Aerospace Career Site --or
connect with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter --or Instagram .
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational
talent and technical leadership that enables the successful
delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our
customers' missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are
committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong
execution. Full stack software engineer developing mission critical
data processing application with a focus on creating microservices
in Python. Will work with processing mission data in a ground
system connected to numerous software interfaces, developing
mission specific user interfaces, and integrating into a full stack
cloud-based environment. This position requires leveraging
cutting-edge technologies and working in an agile type
development.--Looking for a motivated and skilled software
developer. What You'll Do:
- Detailed oriented software engineering and development with a
Python based backend system.
- Interface with and help build full stack web applications using
Python, Django, and cloud technologies.
- Work with the following software development lifecycle
concepts: Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), DevOps, Continuous
Integration (CI), and Continuous Deployment (CD).
- Work with non-software developers to implement new features
into the product.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within
the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support
Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order
to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary. What You'll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field
is required plus 8 or more years--related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may
substitute for two years of experience. Related technical
experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be
from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an
agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department
- Experience working in Linux and MS-Windows environments.
- Experience with Python required.
- Experience with cloud technologies required (AWS
- Experience with modern web frontend frameworks (Angular, Vue,
and/or React) preferred but not required.
- Good planning, organization, and communication skills.
- Ability to work with large teams of distributed ground system
engineers and senior level engineers of multiple disciplines.
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Aerospace ground system experience preferred. Working
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor,
or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of
protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other
possible non-Ball locations may be required.-- #LI-MBTAG
Verification that your current security clearance or government
customer access meets the requirement for this position will be
required. Relocation for this position is available.
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $126,500 - $159,500 (Salary to be
determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and
abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Click
here to learn more. US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED Ball Aerospace is an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or
Keywords: Ball Aerospace, Broomfield , Engineer Senior - Cloud Python Microservices, IT / Software / Systems , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!