Engineer Senior - Information Systems Security
Company: Ball Aerospace
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Company: Ball Aerospace Location: Broomfield, CO, US, 80020
Date: Jan 14, 2021 Job Category: Engineering/ Technical Req. ID:
6380 Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security
clearance is required. Powered by endlessly curious people with an
unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that
enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what
matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more
accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our
planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those
who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.
For more information, visit--Ball Aerospace Career Site --or
connect with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter --or Instagram .
The Security and Mission Assurance Strategic Support Unit provides
discriminating support to the business to ensure success. We focus
on threat identification, risk assessment, and mitigation while
improving the efficiency of the business through effective
governance and analysis of process, data and overall business
knowledge. Perform the engineering of information security
functions, address the security aspects associated with the
engineering of non-security functions, and protect the integrity of
intellectual property and otherwise sensitive data, information,
technologies, and methods utilized as part of the end-to-end
mission assurance effort. What You'll Do:
- Apply extensive technical expertise in support of the
development of System Security documentation, and implement the
program security plans, policies, and procedures necessary to
ensure compliance with all company and government
- Coordinate security-related activities with the lead
Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE), Information System
Owner (ISO), Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO),
Information System Security Manager (ISSM), and Common Control
- Maintain a comprehensive and holistic system view while
addressing stakeholder security risks and concerns regarding
information integrity and assurance implementation through the
application of Systems Engineering skills.
- Ensure the effectiveness and suitability of the security
elements of the systems as an enabler to mission success.
- Ensure that relevant threat and vulnerability data is
considered in support of information security decisions.
- Provide input to requirements, engineering, and risk trade
space analyses to achieve a cost-effective security architectural
design for protections that enable mission success.
- Conduct security risk management activities, including
supporting the ICD 503 Risk Management Framework (RMF), producing
related security risk management information.
- Support the application of Automated Information Systems (AIS)
requirements necessary for the protection of all classified
information processed, stored, and/or transmitted, per the
- Provide and communicate understanding of both the technical and
programmatic aspects of a project to the project team as well as
- Provide advice, guidance, and assistance to customers, senior
management and AIS managers relative to AIS security matters.
- Promote development of a strong team by participation in key
aspects of the project and mentoring more junior team members.
- Support the generation of cost estimates for proposals.
- Develop detailed development schedules and manage team
activities to meet delivery milestones.
- Manage company-wide technical and programmatic priorities in
relation to customer technical and programmatic priorities.
- Work with classified documents which requires thorough
knowledge of DoD procedures for the proper usage and safeguarding
of classified information.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within
the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support
Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order
to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary. What You'll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field
is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may
substitute for two years of experience. Related technical
experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be
from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an
agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department
- CISSP or DoDD 8140 (DoDD 8570) IA SAE level III
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, strong written,
communication, oral presentations skills, and ability to lead group
discussions.-- Working Conditions:
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor,
or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of
protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other
possible non-Ball locations may be required. Verification that your
current security clearance or government customer access meets the
requirement for this position will be required. Relocation for this
position is not--available.
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $126,500 - $159,500 (Salary to be
determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and
abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with
- This position includes a competitive benefits package.
Click--here --to learn more. US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED Ball
Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Ball Aerospace, Broomfield , Engineer Senior - Information Systems Security, IT / Software / Systems , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!