Senior Command and Control Software Engineer
Company: Ball Aerospace
Posted on: April 2, 2021
Senior Command and Control Software Engineer Company: Ball
Aerospace Location: Broomfield, CO, US, 80020 Date: Mar 7, 2021 Job
Category: Engineering/ Technical Req. ID: 1800 Clearance
Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI--security clearance is
required.-- Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering
mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our
customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters
most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate
weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet,
deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who
defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For
more information, visit--Ball Aerospace Career Site --or connect
with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter --or Instagram . The
Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational
talent and technical leadership that enables the successful
delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our
customers' missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are
committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong
execution.-- Senior Command and Control Software Engineer Full
stack software engineer developing the next generation of satellite
command and control applications. Will work with interfacing a
ground system to various hardware interfaces, developing mission
specific user interfaces, processing satellite command and
telemetry data streams, and defining procedures for satellite
control. This position requires leveraging cutting-edge
technologies and working in an agile type development.--Looking for
a motivated and skilled software developer. What You'll Do
- Detailed oriented software engineering and development with the
COSMOS satellite command and control system
- Build full stack web applications using Ruby on Rails, Vue, and
- Work with the following software development lifecycle
concepts: Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), DevOps, Continuous
Integration (CI), and Continuous Deployment (CD).
- Work with non-software developers to implement new features
into the product
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within
the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately
with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work
- Perform other duties as necessary. What You'll Need
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field
is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master's Degree or
Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Related
technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree
must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited
by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US
Department of Education.
- Active TS/SCI required.
- Experience working in Linux and MS-Windows environments
- Experience with Ruby or Python web backend technologies
- Experience with modern web frontend frameworks (Angular, Vue,
and/or React) preferred but not required
- Experience with cloud technologies preferred
- Good planning, organization, and communication skills.
- Ability to work with large teams of distributed ground system
engineers and senior level engineers of multiple disciplines.
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Aerospace ground system experience preferred. Working
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor,
or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of
protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other
possible non-Ball locations may be required. #LI-MBTAG-- Current
Clearance Required: Verification that your current security
clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for
this position will be required. Relocation for this position is
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $126,500 - $159,500 (Salary to be
determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and
abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Click
here to learn more. US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED Ball Aerospace is an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or
Keywords: Ball Aerospace, Broomfield , Senior Command and Control Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!