Senior Software Engineer (C
Posted on: April 1, 2021
Research, Development & Cloud Operations Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reston, Virginia Broomfield, Colorado Atlanta, Georgia In the race
for ideas, we never want our customers to compromise the speed of
innovation nor the safety of their data. Code42 provides protection
from Insider Threat by delivering a fast, simple path to data loss
detection, investigation and response. With our product, security
teams easily protect corporate data and reduce insider risk while
fostering an open and collaborative culture for employees. We are
proud our insider threat solution has been honored with a number of
national awards. This includes Globee, IT World, Black Unicorn and
Stevie Awards, as well as Cyber Defense Magazine InfoSec Awards,
Cybersecurity Excellence Awards and an Info Security PG's Global
Excellence Award. You belong at Code42 if you crave being a part of
a transparent and collaborative culture, you want to drive
innovation, and security is always top of mind. We look for
authentic people who are inquisitive, enjoy solving complex
problems, think creatively and provide diverse insights to help us
think differently and thrive together. Don't wait. #BeCode42.--
THE ROLE: Code42 is looking for a Senior Software Engineer,
focusing on back end server side development to work on
event-driven architecture at the heart of Code42's Insider Risk
WHAT YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR :
- Designing and implementing code for assigned projects, both
independently and with teammates, taking into account needs for
monitoring, supportability, and testability.
- Writing unit and integration tests for your team's code.
- Testing, debugging, and troubleshooting all across the Code42
- Documenting code and design, and reviewing code and design docs
- Demoing progress on team deliverables.
- Participating in story mapping and sizing sessions for small to
medium-size product features.
- Synthesizing requirements into cohesive designs, identifying
gaps and contradictions.
- Helping to estimate and prioritize product backlog.
- Helping to mentor and guide more junior staff.
- Collaborating with teammates across the product development
- Contributing to process improvement efforts within
- Leading team design discussions and code reviews, asking
questions, contributing and accepting feedback.
- Learning about new things and sharing that with the team.
WHAT YOU BRING:--
- Typically has a bachelor's degree and 5+ years professional
experience, or can convincingly demonstrate this level of
- Advanced in the primary languages of the team (typically a
combination of Java, C#, C/C++)
- Is able to recognize lurking complexity, and able to identify
non-local costs and benefits.
- Advanced object-oriented development for multi-tier
- Experienced with testing frameworks used by the team
- Is familiar with continuous integration and deployment
- Practical experience with data repository technologies (ie:
relational databases, Elasticsearch, NoSQL)
- Is experienced with agile/lean development processes
- Is comfortable taking ownership of deliverables as part of a
- Is comfortable working in a collaborative environment, both
offering and asking for help when it's needed.
- Is comfortable working with non-technical staff.
- Has a passion for building systems that work well.
- Clearly able to communicate technical ideas to peers in written
and verbal form
- Articulate business impact of technical decisions to
- Have experience with some additional languages (any of the
above list, as well as languages like python, go, TypeScript,
- Experience with .NET Core--
- Experience with AWS services such as Lambda, Kinesis, Fargate,
- Provide real-world examples of production-quality work you've
done in the past
- Are active in the local tech community
- Have contributed to open-source software in the past The salary
range for this role is approximately $80,000-$170,000
WHY #BECODE42: A first-class onboarding experience which includes
professional development, personal development all while learning
and living our Code42 values. We provide comprehensive benefits
that include health, dental, vision, wellness, 401k,
maternity/paternity leave, generous paid time off and volunteer
opportunities. At Code42 everyone is an owner. We participate in a
commission or bonus plans and all receive stock options. We win
together. Code42 values workplace diversity and ensuring an
environment of mutual respect. Employment opportunities are
available to all applicants without regards to race, color, creed,
religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by
law. We believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our
success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most
talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are proud to be
an equal opportunity employer. You have been redirected to a Code42
Keywords: Code42, Broomfield , Senior Software Engineer (C, IT / Software / Systems , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!