Product Owner- Mobile Apps and Guest Experience
Company: PEAK SEASON INC
Posted on: April 1, 2021
Product Owner- Mobile Apps and Guest Experience Reach Your Peak
at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers,
Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and
our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate
individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the
status quo. Whether you're looking for seasonal work or the career
of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak. Job Summary Vail
Resorts is hiring a Product Owner to bring Vail Resorts digital
products and features to market. As the Product Owner of Mobile
Apps and Guest Experience, you will be responsible for the vision,
strategy, roadmap, planning, execution and reporting of our
guest-facing experiential products including the EpicMix iOS and
Android Apps and Emma digital chat bot assistant. We are looking
for a digital thought leader that has a strong grasp on
best-in-class design, digital trends and the competitive landscape
to inform an innovative and guest-centric product vision. You
should have an understanding of human factors and user experience
design principles, conversational UI, artificial intelligence,
machine learning, natural language processing, be able to leverage
data to build business cases, and have a strong understanding of
digital technologies to design, prototype, test, and bring digital
products to market. Attention to detail and an eye for quality,
along with the ability to grasp and translate technical
capabilities into benefits is crucial. In your role as the Product
Owner, you will be the expert in the Vail Resorts guest, how they
engage and the factors that drive higher usage and engagement.
You'll collaborate closely with product, design, communications,
engineering and analytics teams to build a strategy for optimizing
and evolving digital products. This knowledge will translate into
innovative product recommendations that inform the overall Vail
Resorts digital roadmap. If you're creative, collaborative, not
willing to accept the status quo and excited about removing
friction to deliver a scalable and seamless digital experience for
our guests that drives business results, this is the role for you.
- Market intelligence and guest insights- Keep a pulse on market
and product trends and engage directly with guests. Monitor and
report the guest's satisfaction and experience with the product, as
well noting points of improvement that will enhance the guest's
satisfaction and experience in the future.
- Be the expert on your guests, how they engage and their usage
behavior; be the expert on your competition and drive innovative
ideas in the ski and broader travel industry. Bring audience
insights and empathy to product discussions.
- Product vision and roadmap ownership - Drive research plans to
derive guest and stakeholder insights, define and validate the
product roadmap. Active participation in the product's
specifications for user experience purposes, assistance in product
milestones, and product priorities.
- Development and execution- Define the user experience for
strategic capital initiatives that impact our digital touchpoints,
specifically our app and chat bot. Develop user scenarios to ensure
the functionality meets the needs of our target audience.
- Vendor/3rd party management- Create strong relationships with
our Technology partners to set priorities, collaborate on shared
goals and influence their product roadmap.
- Business acumen - Partner with internal stakeholders to
understand their brand and operational requirements, as well as
upstream and downstream impacts and dependencies. Ensure the
product features are solving business needs.
- Analysis and insights - Define and monitor KPIs and report on
the success to stakeholders. Identify optimization opportunities to
continuously improve functionality and drive growth
- Internal enablement - Communicate the value proposition of the
products to the internal support teams and develop training tools
that support the marketing of your products. Own the communication
and training of any stakeholders groups that will be impacted or
benefit from the new feature. Job Requirements
- Minimum 2-3 years product and product ownership with experience
communicating to a wide variety of audiences.
- Passion for the mobile channel and prior focus on
- Strong leadership - naturally collaborative, courageous, and
thrives in ambiguity. S/he must be a change agent and is motivated
by always challenging the status quo.
- Able to communicate the essence of a product and the value it
- Experience doing user research, including industry, customer,
stakeholder, and competition.
- Experience developing a product roadmap and contributing to
business cases to gain alignment and funding for enhancements and
- Experience managing vendors/3rd party development
- Able to collaborate and get into the details working with
engineers, designers and product managers to tell compelling
stories and bring new products to market.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and tackle something
- A passion for delivering an exceptional guest experience
through new technologies.
- Four-year college degree required. Emphasis in marketing,
business preferred. The budgeted range starts at $58,000-$81,450. +
annual bonus. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience. The
perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time
Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees
are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance We offer a variety of
career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate
headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance &
Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public
Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and
more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and
a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the
world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com Vail Resorts is an
equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status
protected by applicable law. Address Broomfield, CO 80020
Keywords: PEAK SEASON INC, Broomfield , Product Owner- Mobile Apps and Guest Experience, IT / Software / Systems , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!