Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Company: Ball Aerospace
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission
focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our
customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters
most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate
weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet,
deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who
defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For
more information, visit--Ball Aerospace Career Site --or connect
with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter --or Instagram . The
Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational
talent and technical leadership that enables the successful
delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our
customers' missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are
committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong
execution. Engineer Senior - Embedded Software Ball Aerospace is
looking to expand our team with a talented and energetic software
engineer focused on delivering high-quality, high-reliability
embedded software and associated test and data processing software.
This position supports a broad portfolio of cutting-edge products
including spacecraft, space-based instruments, and tactical
systems. Technology areas include real-time embedded systems,
Linux, C/C++, Python, and Ruby, among others. What You'll Do:
- Support multiple types of software development including
embedded, test, and application software for space-based and
- Perform full software life cycle functions including
requirements, architecture, design, code, test, integration,
documentation, and support.
- Mentor junior engineers and lead small teams, including
decomposing and assigning tasks, reviewing work products, and
tracking and reporting status.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within
the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support
Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order
to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary. What You'll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field
is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree and/or Ph.D.,
may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical
experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be
from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an
agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department
- Experience in designing, developing, and testing software for
operational systems using programming languages such as C, C++, or
- Understanding of and experience with embedded / real-time
operating systems such as Linux, VxWorks, or Integrity.
- Experience in developing test, simulation, or data processing
applications in high-level languages such as Python, Ruby, or
- A working knowledge of waterfall and/or Agile lifecycles and
activities in each phase.
- Experience with formal software development practices including
the use of software configuration management, coding standards, and
- Proven leadership experience at the technical, team, or
- Ability to obtain security clearance required. Working
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor,
or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of
protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other
possible non-Ball locations may be required. A current DoD
clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be
eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and
eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is
accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable
clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to
complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to
evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security
clearance or government customer access associated with this
position. Relocation for this position is available.
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $126,500 - $159,500 (Salary to be
determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and
abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with
- This position includes a competitive benefits package.
Click--here --to learn more. US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED Ball
Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Ball Aerospace, Broomfield , Senior Embedded Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!