Systems Administrator I - Windows
Company: Ball Aerospace
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security
clearance is required.Powered by endlessly curious people with an
unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that
enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what
matters most.We create innovative space solutions, enable more
accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our
planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those
who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home
safely.The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental
role in enabling efficient business and program execution - from
technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and
test operations, facilities management, and information technology
services.Systems Administrator I - WindowsPerforms technical tasks
needed to setup and regularly maintain servers and enterprise
computing systems. The tasks include technical planning (cost,
capacity, logistics), preparing for service changes, implementing
new technologies, documenting system configurations, performing
preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, root cause analysis,
system account changes and monitoring application services.What
- Manage growing and robust VDI environment using VMware Horizon,
DEM/UEM, and AppVolumes.
- Plan and administer storage and backup solutions with Nimble,
Brocade/Broadcom, Dell EMC Isilon, Veeam, and Dell EMC Data Domain
(or similar technologies).
- Plan and administer the IT infrastructure to meet ever-changing
business requirements and improve the efficiency and effectiveness
of the services.
- Research and provide recommendations for computing
- Participate in developing and documenting the policies and
procedures for consistent infrastructure management, methodologies,
- Administer the strategy for the operations and support of the
IT infrastructure (computers, networks, local equipment).
- Coordinate physical environment usage and planning across
geographies (data centers, labs, remote offices).
- Administer lab environments and IT facilities.
- Capacity management of systems and services.
- Provide input into how costs are measured, tracked, and
- Detailed design of hardware and software infrastructure to meet
architecture, project development and QOS requirements.
- Administer server hardware and OS build standards including
server builds, server images, hardening, and software (applications
& tools) installations.
- Enforce security policies for protecting data and shared
network resources including files, folders and printers.
- Set and review the configuration of security access
- Document and configure systems.
- Regular preventative maintenance (daily, weekly, monthly)
- Troubleshoot and triage of complex problems to avoid extended
costly down time and service outages.
- Root cause analysis utilizing analytical problem solving to
provide long term problem resolution.
- Administer the account and system setup controls.
- Administration of the information technology continuity and
- Administer the messaging, database, and telecommunications
- Create key performance indicators and metrics reports.
- Administer the directory service operations.
- Administer the capacity of systems and services.
- Provide cost and chargeback reporting to management and
customers based on established costing and charging policies.
- Administer the intranet and extranet hosting service
- Create and manage user accounts and permissions.
- Monitor availability of infrastructure services.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within
the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support
Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order
to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.What You'll Need:
- BS in Information Technology or a related technical field plus
2 or more years related experience
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may
substitute for two years of experience. Related technical
experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be
from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an
agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department
of Education.Working Conditions:
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other
possible non-Ball locations may be required.#LI-LO1Verification
that your current security clearance or government customer access
meets the requirement for this position will be required.Relocation
for this position is available.Compensation & Benefits
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $71,500 - $97,000 (Salary to be determined
by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of
the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Click
here to learn more.US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIREDBall Aerospace is an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or
Keywords: Ball Aerospace, Broomfield , Systems Administrator I - Windows, IT / Software / Systems , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!