Payroll Specialist - Brighton, CO
Posted on: February 10, 2019
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for ensuring that all payroll related functions are performed in line with best practices to provide the highest level of service, accuracy and reliability. The position will work closely with the HR Team on compliance, wage laws, benefits administration and reporting. This individual will also help with onboarding of new employees and any other tasks as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Produce timely and accurate payroll- includes all interface and payroll processing activities.
* Respond to client inquiries and take appropriate action ensuring timely review and resolution of issues.
* Process relevant tax forms for employees
* Conduct timely and accurate processing of cyclical events including month-end, quarter-end, and year-end activities
* Participate in testing and validation as required for product updates, configuration changes, and cyclical processing events (such as yr end)
* Analyze and resolve complex issues encountered within the team and/or client; Demonstrate strong analytical and error resolution skills for complex payroll environments
* Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
* Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits.
* Prepare payroll journal entries and accruals to post to General Ledger.
* Reviews data imported from time and attendance systems, including timesheets and time off notifications to ensure accurate transfer of hours worked and pay owed.
* Reviews and audits computed wages and deductions. Corrects errors to ensure accuracy of payroll. Posts wages and deductions to payroll records.
* Processes payrolls including entering exceptions, garnishments, and other earnings or deductions.
* Develop financial and operational reporting as needed.
* Research and email appropriate audience of file issues.
* Process bi-weekly and semi-monthly payrolls timely and accurately for all our branches/states.
* Obtain, verify and process all payroll changes and updates from managers or Human Resources team including new hires, terminations, transfers and salary adjustments including retro pay adjustments.
* Calculate, verify and deduct appropriate payroll deductions including tax withholdings, benefits elections and other garnishments.
* Research and resolve any pay or tax related discrepancies or inquiries timely
* Coordinate with ADP to ensure that all tax filings are completed timely and accurately for multiple states and entities including 941's, W-2 's etc.
* Maintain the payroll withholdings schedule and reconcile it periodically.
* Conduct internal payroll and accounting audits quarterly and work with external auditors annually to provide them with supporting schedules and documentation.
* Prepare and maintain the Payroll forecast report for all entities.
* Complete all Accounting related reporting documents for Payroll and submit them for Payroll Manager's approval.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
* Requires frequent sitting, standing, balancing, bending or stooping for prolonged periods of time.
* Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone,
* calculator and other office equipment.
* Ability to communicate by providing verbal feedback in a professional manner.
* Ability to receive and analyze data and input into the computer.
* Normal range of hearing and vision.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
* Multi-Task and work successfully in a fast paced work environment.
* Self-starter that needs little to no supervision to accomplish tasks.
* Possess strong analytical skills.
* Have the ability to use a computer proficiently and effectively while utilizing many applications.
* Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
* Exercise a high level an attention to detail to effectively complete tasks.
* Demonstrate superior communication skills in person, over the phone and through email and other electronic means.
* Possess poise and people skills.
* 4+ years of experience in fully cycle processing
* ADP Experience a must!
* Ability to successfully pass a General Abilities Assessment and Post-offer background check, physical and drug screening.
Keywords: Transwest, Broomfield , Payroll Specialist - Brighton, CO, Human Resources , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!