Block Advisors Multi-Unit Team Leader 3 - Mountain
Company: H&R Block
Posted on: April 8, 2021
What you'll do...
Joining Block Advisors as a Multi-Unit Team Leader, you'll provide
leadership over two to three Block Advisor offices. Using your
people management experience and passion for helping people, you'll
provide leadership to accelerate our year-round tax and business
services. Block Advisors is an H&R Block brand that redefined
the tax preparation experience for individuals and small businesses
with complex tax and business service needs.
You'll serve as the front-line manager responsible for leadership
and development of associates, delivering an outstanding client
experience, and achieving all office related growth objectives for
two to three offices. Prior tax preparation experience is not
You'll begin working a flexible part-time schedule in the fall as
you ramp up for the busy tax season, then transition to a full-time
schedule from January through April. After working a successful tax
season, you will work a reduced schedule May through December, and
may even apply for advancement opportunities.
Day to day, you'll...
- Manage office staffing, operations, and logistics for two to
three offices with support from one to two Associate Team
- Partner with the District General Manager (DGM) to create and
implement office-level growth plans and client growth targets,
which includes developing local partnerships and managing office
- Assist the DGM in recruiting and interviewing candidates for
tax office associate positions
- Build an engaging team environment, across all offices, by
training and coaching associates while holding them accountable to
execute on Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and recognizing
outstanding associate contributions
- Conduct timely performance reviews and partner with Associate
Relations Center to resolve associate issues and address
- Lead daily team meetings and communicate essential information
to tax office associates
- Create associate work schedules across all offices and ensure
accurate timekeeping, as well as labor management, for staff in all
- Travel between the two to three offices as required
- May prepare up to 75 tax returns, as needed Pay range for this
position is $7.25 to $80.00 hourly.
- This information is posted pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay
for Equal Work Act to provide Colorado applicants with information
about what they might be eligible to receive. Individual pay
decisions will depend on job-related factors such as experience,
education, skill, performance, and geographic location where work
will be performed.
- Successful candidates may be able to participate in one or more
incentive compensation or short-term incentive plans, which could
generate additional earnings in accordance with the terms of each
- Qualifying seasonal associates can enroll themselves and/or
their eligible dependents in medical and prescription drug
coverage; can participate in the H&R Block Retirement Savings
Plan (401(k) Plan), the Employee Assistance Program, (virtual)
fitness center programs, and the associate discount program; are
automatically enrolled in Business Travel Accident Insurance; and
receive Associate Tax Prep benefits
About H&R Block...
We are here to live our purpose to provide help and inspire
confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our
work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and
homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard
Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to
approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and
around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the
momentum of a forward-thinking company - one that defined an
industry and is now leading its transformation.
It would be even better if you also had...
- Multi-unit people management experience in the retail,
restaurant, banking, or other related industry; management of
people within military service positions can also be a good fit
Bilingual candidates strongly
encouraged to apply!
What you'll bring to the team...
- People management experience, with the demonstrated ability to
grow and develop associates
- Demonstrated aptitude for growth plan execution and ability to
lead towards growth culture
- Strong decision-making and judgment skills and the ability to
function well in a fast-paced environment with minimal
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and a
customer-centric mindset that seeks to understand and exceed client
- Computer proficient with the ability to use MS Office
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or high school diploma
with the equivalent combination of experience
- Successful completion of the H&R Block Tax Knowledge
Assessment or Income Tax Course (if preparing tax returns)
Keywords: H&R Block, Broomfield , Block Advisors Multi-Unit Team Leader 3 - Mountain, Hospitality & Tourism , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!