Store Loss Prevention Manager
Company: DICK'S Sporting Goods
Posted on: August 17, 2019
DescriptionDICK'S Sporting Goods is seeking a Big Box Retail Store
Loss Prevention Manager to oversee Loss Prevention functions. Store
Loss Prevention Managers are responsible for leading Loss
Prevention functions within a specific location and for partnering
with Store Operations in an effort to prevent company loss. You
will be responsible for driving company objectives in profit and
loss control, sales performance, customer satisfaction, and shrink
results. This includes networking with law enforcement, loss
prevention professionals and other retailers to identify and create
comprehensive case files for repeat external theft perpetrators and
minimize exposure to loss and fraud. This position will further
support the District Loss Prevention Manager(s) by conducting
awareness training, root cause analysis and threat assessments.
#LI-SK1 Essential Functions of this position include:
- Responsible for the implementation, training and coordination
of all Loss Prevention best practices. This includes training all
store associates and managers on company Loss Prevention programs
to ensure compliance.
- Conduct Loss Prevention assessments/investigations.
- Ensure the physical security of the building and Company
assets: complete monthly alarm tests, partner with DLPM and LP
Coordinator to resolve alarm and CCTV issues, respond to
after-hours alarm calls as needed, ensure store alarm system call
list is up-to-date, ensure any key or safe combination changes
occur upon changes in management.
- Conduct ongoing MES training, ensures timely completion of
certification programs; assist with all new-hire training and
in-depth training for specialized positions.
- Detection, investigation, and documentation of Organized Retail
Crime, and other violations of law and/or company policy.
- Conduct thorough analysis of daily, weekly and monthly
exception reports to identify areas of opportunity.
- Research and respond to cash over/short reporting.
- Partner with Distribution Center Loss Prevention Supervisor to
resolve issues involving the flow of merchandise to the store and
any firearms issues.
- Conduct store Loss Prevention Assessments to ensure compliance
with Company processes and legal requirements.
- Support the Shrink Coach in ensuring compliance of
- Conducts regular review of operational processes for compliance
- SIM, Transfers, Claims, RTVs, SFS, BOPIS and Known Loss
Reporting. Develops tactics for improvement as necessary.
At DICK'S Sporting Goods, our goal is to be recognized by our
customers as the number one sports and fitness specialty retailer
for athletes and outdoor enthusiasts, through the relentless
improvement of everything we do. Our formula for success is simple:
we offer a wide selection of authentic sports, fitness and outdoor
merchandise in a convenient, shopper-friendly environment. As a
leading omni-channel retailer, we make lasting impacts on
communities through sport and activity. Year after year, our
unwavering commitment to these principles has enabled DICK'S
Sporting Goods to become a growing Fortune 500 company.
- 3-5 years of Loss Prevention experience or related retail
- Interview/Interrogation training and practical skills
(Wicklander-Zulawski certification preferred).
- Certified Forensic Interviewer CFI) - preferred.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Successfully pass comprehensive criminal background.
- World-class customer service skill and
- Strong problem-solving ability and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Flexible availability - including nights, weekend, and
- Ability to meet Federal requirements for handling and
processing firearm transactions.
- Must be able to keep confidences and consistently operate in a
direct and truthful manner. Special Skills / Requirements
- Loss Prevention Qualified (LPQ) preferred.
- Loss Prevention Certified (LPC) preferred.
- Certified Forensic Interview (CFI) preferred.
- Advanced level of administration and technical knowledge of
Loss Prevention systems and shrinkage controls.
- Strong conflict management skills with the ability to work
alone in stressful situations. Click HERE to review our Rewards &
Benefits Information Additional Compensation:
- Quarterly and Annual Bonus Programs DICK'S Sporting Goods is an
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: DICK'S Sporting Goods, Broomfield , Store Loss Prevention Manager, Executive , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!