Posted on: May 16, 2019
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services
company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the
digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems
management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting,
cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband,
voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a
robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a
360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit
CenturyLink for more information.
- Manages complex vendor agreements and relationships across
- Delivers against corporate initiatives related to cost
reduction, cost avoidance, supplier rationalization and continually
benchmarks purchasing and process practices to effectively
translate the analysis into action.
- Provides subject matter expertise and is a trusted advisor in
regards to vendor management, sourcing, procurement.
- Negotiates / re-negotiates new and existing agreements or
statements of work, including RFI's and RFP's
- Prepares RFx documents, communication plans, and contract
- Actively partners with legal teams and business unit
stakeholders to develop and execute negotiation strategies that
include optimal targets for pricing, service, and quality.
- Continually identifies and implements new opportunities for
cost savings, cost avoidance and proactively tracks these
- Implements and measures cost savings, reduction and avoidance
programs and strategies. Continually refines these programs to
deliver optimal results for the company.
- Responsible for vendor / supplier management. Conducts supplier
rationalization and segmentation initiatives. Proactively reviews
supplier performance and adherence to contractual terms. Leads
business reviews and delivers resolution on difficult issues
through effective negotiation tactics.
- Manages $100M in annual spend.
- Ability to work with various levels of management within the
organization including executives.
- Experience with RFP / RFx catalog preferred
- Telecom or technology experience preferred
- Cisco experience preferred
- Strong organizational and personal skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team player with ability to work well with peers
- Process management and documentation skills
- Strategic thinker
- Possess 5+ years of relevant IT, sales, procurement or project
management experience or other relevant contract management /
negotiation experience, preferably in telecom or technology.
- Experience with contract terms and conditions.
- Process management and documentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to negotiate and manage
several contracts at once.
- Possesses intermediate to advanced Excel and Word skills.
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield;
Requisition #: 212132
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment.
A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We
do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment
decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion,
benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: CenturyLink, Broomfield , Procurement Manager, Executive , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!