Senior Manager Carrier Relations
Posted on: April 13, 2019
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services
company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the
digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems
management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting,
cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband,
voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a
robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a
360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit
CenturyLink for more information.
Leading a team of Carrier Relations Managers responsible for
overseeing a portfolio of vendors to report, substantiate and
resolve billing disputes to achieve expense savings for the
company. Must drive team to achieve goals related to improving
dispute quality, win percent, and strategy. The right candidate
will have a combination of strong data analysis, written/oral
communications, and problem-solving skillsets along with expertise
in carrier access billings and services and ability to take lead on
- Partner with NetEx team in engaging with vendors to facilitate
effective and timely resolution of open dispute balances; clearly
communicate audit methods, analysis/reporting and conclusions to
negotiate favorable returns on resolved and settled disputes.
- Understand, utilize, and maximize our vendor invoice data,
leveraging OB-IEE (Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise
Editions), BillTrack Pro, AML, APC (Attained Planned Cost)
Inventories, and AIM systems to optimize invoice dispute filings
and resolution discussions with our vendors.
- Evolve system capabilities to associate claims to contract
- Work effectively on a team as well as self-driven contributor
in maintaining positive relationships with our vendors.
- Create new insights that will drive operational efficiencies,
automation, and savings in the short and long term.
- Be recognized as having broad expertise or unique knowledge in
NetEx/Carrier Billing domains, and act as a resource for colleagues
with less experience.
Bachelor's Degree or 5+ years of relevant job experience. Relevant
job experience is described as:
- Job experience in similar industry
- Job experience with similar essential duties
- Physical Requirements:
- Office - Sits 5 to 7 hours per day; Bend, reach, stoop and
- 4 - 6 years related experience in Network Expense Operations,
Accounting, FP&A or Access Management.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to interact, communicate, and
negotiate directly with our vendors to achieve results while
maintaining positive relationships.
- Proficient with BTOD (TEOCO Cost Management Platform) or other
comparable telecom Expense Management/AP software application.
- Strong skills with Excel and other tools for managing,
analyzing, and creating reports of large, sometimes complex
- Problem solving versatility: making the best decisions possible
given the data quality and time available.
- Experience using OB-IEE (Oracle Business Intelligence
Enterprise Edition), Equivalent Business Intelligence or Data
Visualization (i.e. Tableau) Software.
- Expertise and Working Knowledge with the ordering, planning,
pricing, accounting, or billings of off-net/access network
- Management, Account Management or Contract Management).
- Ability to interpret terms and conditions of purchase
agreements and LEC tariffs, and use that knowledge to solve
problems and create opportunities;
- Negotiation and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of Interconnection Agreements and UNE based products
- Strong verbal, written and oral communication skills to
articulate findings and influence desired results with
Bachelors or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield
Requisition #: 210868
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment.
A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We
do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment
decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion,
benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: CenturyLink, Broomfield , Senior Manager Carrier Relations, Executive , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!