Posted on: October 11, 2018
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U. S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink for more information.
Manage tax audits, strategy, including researching technical issues, assist with maintaining compliance with state and local tax laws, and establishing and monitoring tax reserves. Monitors taxing authority legislation and litigation that pertain to tax matters.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**):
- Manage North America tax audits, audit strategy, including researching technical issues and maintaining compliance with state and local tax laws.
- Negotiate audit plan, methodology, and scope with state and local auditors. Mitigate exposure by influencing key decisions such as periods to audit, companies to audit, sampling methods, audit completion timeframes, and use of statute waivers.
- Assess audit risk when dealing with the auditors and develop negotiation strategies in resolving audit risks.
- Utilize reverse audit techniques to generate tax savings in connection with state and local income and franchise tax audits.
- Identify and quantity potential tax exposures, provide input/maintain FAS 109 contingencies schedules.
- Draft and file protests and appeals when proposed assessments or final audits. Represent CenturyLink in settlement negotiations with state and local jurisdictions advocating for the best possible solution for the company.
- Communicate issues identified on audit to the appropriate departments within the company so that corrective actions are taken. Monitor post audit periods to ensure compliance and escalate non-compliance issues when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor s degree in Accounting or related field or the equivalent in training and experience
- Minimum 6-9 years multi-state and local and federal tax experience or the equivalent in training and education (e. g., C. P. A., J. D. or MBA).
- Organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in excel and ability to manipulate large data sets
- Analytical skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with others
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
- C. P. A., J. D., M. B. A., or Master s Degree with 3-5+ year s experience
- Telecommunications tax experience
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield
Requisition #: 202340
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find. centurylink. jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses ). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: CenturyLink, Broomfield , Tax Manager, Executive , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!