Director Sales - Cloud, Hosting, IT Services
Posted on: October 8, 2018
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U. S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink for more information.
Develops and ensures attainment of new sales/revenue and margin growth for Cloud, Hosting and IT Services which contribute to the company s bottom line. Staffs and directs a sales overlay team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values. Establishes plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the assigned area, and contributes to the development of training and educational programs for customers, CenturyLink Direct sellers and Solutions Specialist Overlays.
- Formulates account strategies to grow the business and the relationships within given territories accounts. Develops new business opportunities with partner companies with complementary technology.
- Builds a high performance overlay team; hires and retains the right talent in the right roles; sets goals, delegates work, holds reports accountable; develops and empowers direct reports to make decisions and take action. Demonstrates Company s values, maintains a positive open demeanor, encourages different points of view, moves team forward through change; provides timely information; communicates context for business decisions; recognizes accomplishments; fosters teamwork and collaboration.
- Develops and maintains account plans and detailed overlay financial forecasts for given territories. Conducts accurate sales forecasts, and achieves sales targets for given territories.
- Develops and executes sales plans such as go to market portfolio strategies, hiring plans, territory management systems, and compensation plans.
- Supports and develops initiatives across sales and the company primarily focused on sales productivity and efficiency. Expands opportunities into expansive and untapped product portfolios and develops sales propositions.
- Oversees and participates in programs that ensure the attainment of expense objectives, and will recommend programs to control and correct budget overruns.
- Owns several key sales support processes which may include opportunity and forecast management, the overall sales process, territory/customer-prospect module management and sales certification.
- 10+ yrs
Other Job Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of applicable education and experience required; MBA or related graduate degree preferred.
- Demonstrated sales management experience (at least 5-6 years) in telecommunications sales and sales leadership experience.
- 3-5 years business/financial background.
- Exceptional strategic planning, account management and contract negotiations skills required.
- Experience is consultative sales techniques and account planning (including account profiling, account positioning strategy, customer needs analysis, sales opportunity development, service improvement planning, and long range account management strategies.
- A clear track record for consistently exceeding revenue goals.
- Success leading and managing large sales teams (experience managing sales team of at least 7 individuals is required).
- Proven ability to hire, manage and motivate successful, solution oriented sales teams.
- Strong record in developing and assigning geographic territories and customer/prospect modules.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, people-management and mentoring.
Alternate Location: US-Arizona-Phoenix; US-California-Los Angeles; US-California-San Francisco; US-California-San Jose; US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Colorado-Denver; US-Idaho-Boise; US-Missouri-St Louis; US-Nevada-Las Vegas; US-New Mexico-Albuquerque; US-Oregon-Portland; US-Texas-Austin; US-Texas-Dallas; US-Texas-Houston; US-Texas-San Antonio; US-Utah-Salt Lake City; US-Washington-Seattle
Requisition #: 204910
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find. centurylink. jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses ). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: CenturyLink, Broomfield , Director Sales - Cloud, Hosting, IT Services, Executive , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!