Posted on: September 9, 2018
WBRG-DirAcct-2 - Director of Accounting-Revenue and TechnicalBased out of our Broomfield, CO headquarters the Director, Revenue and Technical Accounting, reporting to the VP Controller, is responsible for leading both of our Revenue and Technical teams. This role will be responsible for leading the revenue team to scale Webroot's policies, processes, system, and productivity and performance analytics. The role will collaborate extensively across teams to develop strategies, analytics, and policies for our sales support and the sales reporting infrastructure. The role will be responsible for understanding, interpreting, concluding and presenting complex accounting issues internally and to external auditors. This highly visible cross-functional position will interact heavily with our finance, legal and sales teams. We are looking for a leader to make meaningful contributions to an already strong and successful team. In addition, we are looking for a self-starter with high integrity, a strong work ethic, and a great attitude.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead accounting literature research and apply technical standards to complex business issues and transactions. Lead research and preparation of policy memos documenting Webroot's conclusions
- Stay abreast of existing and emerging financial accounting and reporting principles, assessing their applicability
- Contribute to the development of discipline and enterprise policies that facilitate a strong internal control environment
- Lead, coach and mentor the accounting team managers and staff
- Manage ongoing implementation and compliance process for ASC 606. Will include performing ongoing analysis to support Webroot's conclusions under ASC 606 relative to contracts, accounting for upfront fees, deferral of commission costs, financing, and allocation of revenue for bundled product offerings
- Responsible for Webroot's revenue systems, processes, policies and analytics to optimize and scale key business operations and systems to enable internal and external efficiencies, including Oracle, RevPro and Salesforce.com (SFDC)
- Heavy participation in the deal negotiation process, including deal pricing guidance, deal data validation, deal documentation and contract support
Required or preferred skills include but are not limited to:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration from an accredited college or university with an emphasis in Accounting, or related field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) (Active or inactive heavily preferred)
- Minimum 10 years plus of progressive experience in senior accounting roles and revenue support.
- Technology industry, experience with SaaS or Cloud Infrastructure companies a plus
- Demonstrate strong strategic, analytical, and financial skills
- Expert technical accounting knowledge (U.S. GAAP), technical accounting memo writing and a strong sense of internal controls
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong financial modeling skills in Excel
- Advanced degree in accounting or finance a plus
- Experience working in Oracle, RevPro and SFDC a plus
We are in need of a seasoned accounting professional, looking for a great opportunity to join a privately held, fast-growing technology company in a hot space. Webroot provides next-generation cloud/SaaS based security solutions that protect personal information and corporate assets from online and internal threats. Growing and profitable, Webroot is in a great position to continue an accelerating growth curve off of trailing annual revenues in excess of $160M+. This role will be part of key management and will have wide latitude in running our Revenue and Technical accounting groups. Your vision and input will be critical towards solidifying a center of excellence within a growing business. We encourage you to take the next step in your career and apply today.At Webroot, we do more than secure our customers' personal computers, mobile devices and networks. We also nurture our employees' most critical assets their talents, experience, and career aspirations. Webroot has the energy of a start-up with the strength and stability of an Internet security market leader. We foster the innovative culture you'd expect of a company that's making a statement. Webroot is a company in which you can invest yourself fully, knowing that you're not only protecting our customers around the world, but also that your talents and innovation will be recognized and rewarded. We encourage you to learn more about us and explore our job openings. Secure your future. Ensure the same for your career. Principals only - no third parties, please. Webroot Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Webroot, Broomfield , Director Accounting, Executive , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!