Operations (Facilities) Manager (FlatIron Crossing)
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Position Description: - - - -The Facilities Manager is
responsible for the cost-effective operation, care, preventative
maintenance, and long-term preservation of center's physical
assets. -The Facilities Manager enhances the value of the property
by coordinating and directing all assigned direct reports or
vendor-based resources to provide a pleasant, attractive, and safe
environment for customers and retailers. -The Facilities Manager
communicates and coordinates with all other departments, retailers,
corporate partners, and governmental agencies, as necessary, in
order to achieve results. -The Facilities Manager partners with the
Senior Manager, Property Management in the development and
implementation of all strategic initiatives and any other mall
related programs, as required.Essential Job Functions:Physical
- Supervise, per agreements, all service providers and vendors
fain the routine performance of the Landlord's housekeeping and
- Implement and administer all preventative maintenance programs
through 24/7 platform, including all required log and records with
- Oversee all physical assets to ensure that they are maintained
to required standards in the most economically efficient
- Conduct required, regular inspections of all common area
facilities/systems and report results to Senior Manager, Property
Management. -Review building operations and procedures and provide
advise/guidance/recommendations on mechanical and construction
related issues to ensure corporate programs are being
- Ensure all contracted service providers are meeting all
contract provisions and Landlord standards.
- Inspect and communicate property policies and procedures to
tenant to ensure compliance of general aesthetics, standards of the
common area, merchant storefronts, mall related physical issues and
any special operational problems or activities. -Respond to tenant
inquiries, complaints and/or suggestions.Sustainability & Energy
- Supervise the field implementation of the Macerich
Sustainability and Strategic Energy Plan: to track and conserve
energy use, protect the environment, lower utility costs, monitor
and report on policies and practices, and promote social
- Manage all energy management systems to ensure daily optimal
operational efficiency. This includes ensuring that all EMS
programs and systems are operating as designed, the proper
operation and maintenance of the physical assets of the system,
vendor software maintenance and upgrades, and the correct
scheduling of lights, HVAC, and all other appropriate
- Assist the Property Manager with the development/creation of
the annual operations expense forecast and related financial
- Review and approve all financial and expense documentation, as
directed by company policy.
- Manage the administration of approved budgets with a proactive
approach to identify opportunities for improved performance and
cost savings within center's operations. -Focus on minimizing
expenses by efficient use of work force and materials; endure
compliance to corporate procurement programs where
applicable.Capital (CapEx) & Common Area Maintenance (CAM) Projects
- Assist the Senior Operations Manager and Property Manager in
the development of the owner and capital expense forecasts; help
identify and update capital planning needs for the property.
- Maintain documentation and copies of all CapEx, construction,
and other project bids processes, as directed by company policy, as
required by Yardi platform.
- Coordinate all capital and owner related construction
issues/projects, coordinating with the AVP, Operations and the Sr.
Manager, Property Management.
- Assist with the negotiation, approval, and monitoring of all
executed contracts.Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Programs
- Be fully responsible for the implementation and compliance of
the EHS and safety program to include administration, management,
and tracking all aspects of the program. -Communicate with tenants
regarding hazardous waste, asbestos, and emergency procedures,
Review (with documentation) all environmental policies with mall
employees as required by corporate programs, to include MSDS,
hazardous waste, chemical inventory and emergency response.
- Serve as the primary role of the mall safety coordinator.
-Provide leadership for the company's safety programs and policies,
enforce all employee safety regulations, and conduct safety
meetings with written minutes.Tenant Coordination
- Supervise all tenant and landlord construction projects. -Serve
as the primary liaison, coordinate relationships between mall team,
merchants, contractors, architects, inspector and local agencies
and officials. -Seek ways to enhance the value of the center.
- Maintain basic knowledge of local building codes, permit
processes and current environmental issues, as related to the
- Maintain working knowledge of blue line drawings and required
processes, to include Oracle and Autodesk Design Review.
- Conduct pre-construction and subsequent follow-up meetings with
tenant contractors to regulate compliance with Rules & Regulations,
specific lease requirements and timely completion of construction,
as stipulated by Tenant Coordination.Requirements and
- Must demonstrate proficiency in technology and software
solutions including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must demonstrate/utilize professional performance in personnel
management and motivation.
- Must demonstrate/utilize professional skill level in
communications, both written and oral.
- Must process a thorough knowledge of property operations,
construction, and development related areas.
- Be a self-starter and require little motivation and
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to climb vertical ladders in excess of 20 feet.
- Must be able to read basic blueprints.
- All applicants must be able to perform the essential functions
of the position, including corresponding core job requirements,
with or without a reasonable accommodation. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
(and others in accordance with applicable law) to perform the
essential functions of the job, consistent with applicable laws and
Company policy.A Culture of BelongingAt Macerich, we are committed
to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. We believe our
diversity creates value for our employees, workplaces and town
centers, and the communities we serve. We strive to hire great
people from diverse backgrounds, and we are stronger for it. -We
want our employees to thrive, feel valued and respected, and
therefore encourage a culture of learning, acknowledging, and
celebrating individual uniqueness. We are proud of our practices
and the equal opportunity for employment and advancement we foster
across the organization. In support of our culture of belonging,
Macerich welcomes qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability,
medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status,
marital status, pregnancy (including childbirth and
pregnancy-related medical conditions), sex, gender expression or
identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other
characteristic or class protected under federal, state, or local
law. Additional information is contained in Macerich's
Anti-Harassment, Discrimination and Retaliation Policy, which can
be provided to applicants upon request. Macerich also provides
reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with
disabilities. If you require accommodation during the application
process or your employment, please contact Human Resources.Join our
team of great people!
Keywords: Macerich, Broomfield , Operations (Facilities) Manager (FlatIron Crossing), Executive , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!