Assistant Vice President, Information Security
Company: SNI Technology
Posted on: April 8, 2021
SNI Technology's client is immediately seeking to hire an
Assistant Vice President of Information Security for an exciting
full-time, direct-hire opportunity located in Broomfield,
CO.POSITION SUMMARY: The Assistant Vice President of Information
Security is responsible for leading the Information Security
Program for a local credit union. This position is responsible for
establishing the strategic vision of the Information Security
program and executing a roadmap to achieve the goals. This role
will report directly to the VP of Information Technology with a
dotted line reporting relationship to the Enterprise Risk Dept
along with the Supervisory Committee. The Assistant Vice President
of Information Security will work closely with the Risk and
Compliance departments in ensuring they're meeting regulatory
requirements and organizational risk tolerance. This position
maintains the role of the Information Security Officer responsible
for incident response and annual security reporting to the Board of
Directors. This position is also responsible for maintaining all
operational tasks within the information security portfolio
including security training, vulnerability scanning, remediation,
logging, auditing and all other security related functions.
- Establish and implement Information Security Roadmap
- Leads the annual IT Risk assessment, penetration test,
vulnerability scans, and social engineering tests, synthesizes
results, and implements action plans for issue resolution.
- Educates executive management and the business on cyber risk
through reporting and presentations.
- Monitors Information Security industry trends and educates the
organization of critical information.
- Develops, plans, and manages the Information Security Program
to include policies, procedures, and standards.
- Leads the annual security awareness training, and new hire
training to ensure all levels of staff and management are
well-educated regarding information security practices.
- Leads the project initiatives to research, validate, and manage
Information Security vendors and products to ensure robust
detection, prevention, and monitoring tools are in place.
- Audits internal assets and systems to ensure compliance with
information security standards.
- Defines the Information Security plan to resolve gaps
identified from audits, risk assessments or vulnerability
- Leads the day to day operations for the information security
- Leads cyber security investigations providing summaries and
recommendations to resolve incidents. Works closely with IT,
business units, and project teams to ensure that new projects meet
or exceed information security standards and requirements.
- Protects information assets by developing security strategies,
directing system access control, monitoring, and response.
- Implements regulatory requirements, industry standards, and
best practices such as NCUA, FFIEC, GLBA, PCI DSS, NIST 800-53, and
ISO 27001 ensuring the Information Security Program is held to the
- Advises executive management team on critical security issues
and recommends risk reduction solutions.
- Familiarity with secure coding best practices including DevOps
- Develop a team (direct or indirect reports) that is nimble
enough to build and execute Information Security solutions to
support the Organization's strategic initiatives.
- Provide strong leadership and direction to direct reports.
Recruits and hires talented individuals to join the team and
continues to develop them to their full potential.
- Build strong relationships across business groups and with
vendors. Develop a detailed understanding of their issues,
challenges and opportunities. Ensure transparency and collaboration
between key stakeholders.
- Foster a culture of innovation, transparency and
- Manage operating budget for Information Security roadmap and
initiatives.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree Computer Science, Network, Cyber Security or
relevant field is preferred.
- Advanced Degree/Certifications such as CISSP, CISM, CEH, and
CCSP are preferred.
- Banking/Credit Union experience is Preferred.
- 5+ Years Leadership experience is required.Skills/Abilities:
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Working knowledge of financial service institutions and its
operations and procedures are preferred.
- Excellent management skills and the ability to prioritize
multiple initiatives and projects.
- Ability to establish strategic direction for the department and
provide the roadmap of initiatives and priorities in support of
- Experience with Cloud solutions such as AWS, GCS, or
- Ability to operate at all levels of the organization, and to
both motivate and influence others that are often in a more senior
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to manage change within the organization.
- Technically proficient in IT infrastructure and Information
Security controls and concepts.
- Demonstrate flexibility and the ability to work in a team
- Demonstrated business and technical acumen, including the
ability to read, analyze and interpret reports and
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and negotiating skills.
- Exceptional people and organizational leadership, with a track
record of leading high performing teams
- Strategic thinker with strong operational and analytical
- Passion for solving problems that have large impact to the
organization and our members.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
- Works collaboratively with other teams to improve performance,
efficiency, effectiveness and growth opportunities throughout the
organizationCompensation and Benefits The compensation for this
position is in the range of $115K to $130K annually + bonus +
benefits. Please note your actual pay rate will be determined based
upon your skills, knowledge and abilities including work experience
- talk with your recruiter to learn more. Insurance, and other
benefit options that are offered include:
- all the important benefits you hope for, such as a generous
paid time off program (plus all the bank holidays), a 401k match,
competitive compensation, health insurance (medical, vision and
dental) and much more!
Keywords: SNI Technology, Broomfield , Assistant Vice President, Information Security, Executive , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!