Senior Advanced Systems Manager- Space Resilience & Survivab
Company: Ball Aerospace
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Senior Advanced Systems Manager- Space Resilience &
Survivability Company: Ball Aerospace Location: Broomfield, CO, US,
80020 Date: Mar 13, 2021 Job Category: Sales and Marketing Req. ID:
6225 Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security
clearance is required. Powered by endlessly curious people with an
unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that
enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what
matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more
accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our
planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those
who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.
For more information, visit--Ball Aerospace Career Site --or
connect with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter --or Instagram .
The National Defense Strategic Business Unit works with members of
the military, intelligence and defense communities to deliver space
systems that drive mission success. From space situational
awareness to Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance, we
provide resilient mission-level solutions for the nation's greatest
challenges. Senior Advanced Systems Manager- Space Resilience &
Survivability We are currently recruiting for an Advanced Systems
Manager to perform business development, business capture, and
program management for Ball Aerospace. This position reports to the
Space Resilience & Survivability business area of National Defense
(ND), which supports the Department of Defense and Intelligence
Community, with a focus on customer groups that provide resiliency
to the overall space architecture. At the Sr. ASM level you'll be
customer focused, leading new business capture activities and
teams. A successful candidate must have a strong technical
background as well as customer focused, collaborative leadership
qualities. What You'll Do:
- Lead the pursuit of new business opportunities with a variety
of defense and intelligence customers.
- Support direct engagement with key government and industry
- Develop and carry out plans and strategies to capture new
- Manage business development and engineering personnel to carry
out capture plans and strategies, and to produce solutions that
meet customers' mission needs.
- Lead the preparation of responses to customer opportunities,
including white papers, proposals, rough order of magnitude
estimates and responses to customer requests for information.
- Provide leadership, knowledge, mentoring, staff development,
application of the LCGM, management of internal budgets for
execution of existing work.
- Manage development efforts, studies, and small programs to
achieve technical, cost, and schedule objectives.
- Coordinate inputs from support organizations including
engineering, contracts, finance, security, and others as
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within
the department, the Strategic Business Unit/Strategic Support Unit
and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a
positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.-- What You'll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 15 years or more related
- Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master's Degree or Ph.D., may
substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related
experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree
must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited
by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US
Department of Education.
- TS/SCI security clearance is required.
- Strong technical competence in any or all of the following:
mission architecture, optics, focal plane arrays and focal plane
subsystems, electro-optical remote sensing payload systems
operating from visible to long wave infra-red, spacecraft bus
systems and technologies.
- Experience on classified design teams and new business capture
activities in aerospace or related industry for defense and
- Experience working on classified proposals.
- Experience leading design teams and/or new business capture
- Excellent presentation skills to technical and non-technical
- Strong written communication and proposal writing skills.
- Strong programmatic background within classified program
environments for government or industry is a strong plus. --Working
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other
possible non-Ball locations--may be required. Verification that
your current security clearance or government customer access meets
the requirement for this position will be required. Relocation for
this position is available.
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $166,500 - $230,000 (Salary to be
determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and
abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with
- This position includes a competitive benefits package.
Click--here --to learn more. US CITIZENSHIP--IS REQUIRED Ball
Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Ball Aerospace, Broomfield , Senior Advanced Systems Manager- Space Resilience & Survivab, Executive , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!