System Vice President Finance Operations
Company: West Pines, Wheat Ridge, CO
Posted on: February 22, 2021
System Vice President Finance Operations As the Vice President
Finance Operations, you bring strong leadership talents toward the
achievement of all financial and strategic goals for SCL Health. In
partnership with our Executive Vice President, Chief Financial
Officer and our Executive Vice President, Chief Operating Officer
and members of executive management at the Care Sites you will
develop programs, processes and infrastructure to enhance care site
performance aligned with system objectives. Working alongside
others in the System Ministry Leadership Team, you will advance the
legacy of the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth and deliver high
value care to the communities we serve. As a servant leader you
embody the SCL Health leadership behaviors:
- Accountability for results
- Engagement and enthusiasm for change
- Adaptability and continuous learning
- Trust, respect and collaboration
- Transparency and c a ndor
- Urgency and follow-through Us SCL Health is a faith-based,
nonprofit healthcare organization dedicated to improving the health
of the--people and communities we serve, especially those who are
poor and vulnerable. Founded by the Sisters of--Charity of
Leavenworth in 1864, our $2.6 billion health network provides
comprehensive, coordinated care--through 8 hospitals, more than 100
physician clinics, and home health, hospice, mental health and
safety-net services primarily in Colorado and Montana. We
relentlessly focus on delivering safe, high-quality,--effective
care to every patient, every time, everywhere. As Vice President
Finance Operations you would report to the Executive Vice
President, Chief Financial Officer and be responsible for
translating system objectives for the purpose of facilitating the
Care Sites' (including hospitals, retail pharmacy, hospice, home
health, infusion centers and other SCL Health managed care-delivery
business units) financial and strategic success. Benefits are one
of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our
generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But
health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind
and social well-being. To that end, we've launched a Healthy Living
program to address your holistic health as well. The executive
package also includes a 401(k) with matching program, Supplemental
Executive Retirement Plan (SERP), and annual incentive plan. To
model a balanced life, our executives are encouraged to take time
off and receive a front-loaded Paid Time Off allocation each year.
Your Day In this system-level executive role you will:
- Work with Care Site financial leadership and our system
functions to ensure the effective operation of the Care Sites'
- Ensure competency development and professional growth of Care
Site financial executives and their staff.
- Provide leadership and directly manage the Care Site VP's of
Finance in a joint cooperative relationship with Care Site
Presidents and Leaders.
- In partnership with the Executive VP/Chief Operation Officer,
provide financial and administrative oversight to hospital Care
Sites. Participate in the development of short and long term
strategic plans at the Care Site level for consolidation into the
SCL Health system operating plan.
- Provide oversight to ensure that relevant SCL Health policies
and procedures are implemented and functioning properly at the Care
- Coordinate with system executives and functions to bring
required resources to SCL Health Care Sites to maximize efficient
and effective operations and facilitate system initiatives and
- Oversee, provide direction and review Care Site budgets
(operating and capital), and plan to ensure they meet and support
the organization's business and financial objectives.
- Work directly with the Care Site to ensure that effective plans
are developed and implemented to manage variances to plan,
including, but not limited to, revenue cycle, labor, supplies,
purchased services, and other expenses.
- Consult with, and provide direction to Care Sites in the
formulation of capital projects to ensure accuracy and compliance
with SCL Health policies and the achievement of return on
investment goals. Participate in merger, acquisition, financing and
divestiture activities, as requested.
- Provide oversight of Care Sites to ensure compliance with SCL
Health Code of Conduct and ensures corrective action in response to
internal audit findings.
- In cooperation with the SCL Health finance function, provide
oversight to ensure that statements of financial position are
accurately and timely prepared and that Care Sites comply with the
SCL Health System of Internal Controls.
- In collaboration with Care Site financial leadership,
facilitate the effective operation of financial functions.
- Participate in and/or lead system activities such as system
monthly operating review and capital development programs.
- Represent organization through external activities under the
direction of the Executive VP Chief Financial Officer.
- Serve as staff to various Board Committees and Board meetings
at request and direction of SCL Health Executive VP Chief Financial
Officer. Your experience We expect excellence, which is why we
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field,
- Master's Degree or Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible
financial administrative experience in an integrated healthcare
system with at least five (5) years in a senior leadership
- Leadership experience over multiple care sites, region or
Corporate, Various Locations SCL Health is an equal opportunity
employer. All recruiting, training, and employment decisions are
made in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws
and without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin,
gender, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion,
age, disability, handicap, military or veteran status, or any other
legally protected status. NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATION Our
facilities do not discriminate against any person on the basis of
race, color, national origin, disability, or age in admission or
access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs, services or
activities, or on the basis of sex (gender) in health programs and
activities. Read the full notice:
Keywords: West Pines, Wheat Ridge, CO, Broomfield , System Vice President Finance Operations, Executive , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!